Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why shouldnt abortion be used as birth control?

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:22 PM
  • 133 Replies
2 moms liked this

I keep hearing from pro-choice people that they are fine with someone chosing abortion, BUT...

they don't think it's "right" to use it... well... more than a couple times.

Why not? What makes the difference? What is the magic number of "okay" and why is that number okay, but higher isnt?

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:45 PM
4 moms liked this

Some pro- choice advocates acknowledge it was a potential baby. after all, if you do not terminate you are not going to birth another species.

with that line of reasoning some believe that while it should be safely accessible personal responsibility is also mandated.

and a pack of rubbers is cheaper than termination. if one can afford to terminate multiple times then one can definitely afford a condom or other form of birth control.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:47 PM
3 moms liked this
People like that aren't really pro-choice. They're pro-what I think you should do.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:48 PM
3 moms liked this

IMO Simply because that many abortions cant be good for your body. It eventually would do some sort of damage I am assuming. Other then that do what you need to do.

Not for everyone

danie24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not healthy / safe to have a bunch of abortions.

There are health risks with each one.

Not to mention it costs tax payers money (where I live). Buy some fucking condoms like the rest of us, it's not hard.

But I am pro choice.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:50 PM
11 moms liked this
Because they know deep down that its wrong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:50 PM

are you really asking this question?

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:50 PM
There's a lot of health risks involved in having multiple abortions. But it's their choice and their body. I'm pro choice. So therefore I'm not going to make choices for others.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:50 PM
4 moms liked this

Doesn't make a lick of difference to me.  One or a hundred.  And the simple fact being that it is a form of birth control, just more invasive.

Annettey19
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's a bad idea to have a high number of abortions simply because it's more invasive, involved, and over time could cause more problems than just getting a depo shot every three months. I'm not saying it should be forbidden, just that from a health standpoint it seems like a bad choice.

NiamhWitch
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I'd agree with you if those same people wanted to put a LEGAL limit on the number of abortions.  But if those people still support the legal right to choose, even if they don't morally agree with multiple abortions, that doesn't make them any less Pro-Choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

People like that aren't really pro-choice. They're pro-what I think you should do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)