Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i need this but i feel guilty kinda

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

so df is getting his first big pay check tomorrow, we're saving $700 of it and spending the rest on badly needed clothes($400) when df goes to work saturday im going out with ds to get him some shorts and new shirts, swim trunks and a couple new pairs of sandles and shoes. then on sunday when its df's day off me and him are going shopping for ourselves....i feel kinda guilty but i know i need new clothes (my only pair of pants ripped at the thigh last week, and i only have 4 shirts) and i need a new bra and underwear (my bra ripped and the wire came out and my underwear are all from when i was pregnant 2 years ago) idk why i feel so guilty, df doesnt even seemed phased by it....i want to go to a thrift store instead of the mall so i wont have to spend so much on myself but df says we should just shop at the mall

and he told me to buy 6 boxes of hair dye just so i can have extra when i need them

*sigh* does anyone else feel guilty when they buy themselves things? 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2b2many
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:30 PM
2 moms liked this

yes I sometimes do feel guilty about spending money on myself... I think it's called being a parent...

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:30 PM

No I don't. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:30 PM
I just got 6 pairs of underwear and 2 bras from forever 21. They're really pretty and do the job... It might not be Victoria's Secret but it was 26 bucks... I barely buy anything for me too...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I do feel bad when I have to buy new clothes. My DH only gets paid $1200-ish a month, so we have to be frugal.

jujubear1
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:31 PM
A little, but not so much if its something I need. Only reason to feel guilty is if the money was needed elsewhere like to pay the electric bill or put food on the table.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:31 PM

mama you need to take care of yourself regardless of your guilt. Its clear that you havent done anything for yourself in awhile so please just go and do something for you <3

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

yes I sometimes do feel guilty about spending money on myself... I think it's called being a parent...

iv never heard someone feel guilty about this though.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Quoting jujubear1:

A little, but not so much if its something I need. Only reason to feel guilty is if the money was needed elsewhere like to pay the electric bill or put food on the table.

we dont need the money else where thats why im so confused as to why i feel guilty

JNLmomme09
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Yes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2b2many
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:34 PM

You've never hear of a mom feeling guilty for going to get her hair down and leaving her kids at home or feel guilty for buying herself new shoes? Heck my kids are well taken care of; have everything they need; and I still feel guilty when I go shopping and don't buy anything for them. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

iv never heard someone feel guilty about this though.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)