Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I bought a dog in horrible conditions today

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
2 moms liked this

Today I bought a puppy for my daughter for her birthday, she has been begging for three years, and we finally have the space and means for one.  After going to all of the local shelters, we couldn't find a small dog to adopt so I found one in the paper for $60.  We go to pick it up, and it's at a run down house...come to find out the poor thing has been kept in a small cage all of it's life (8 weeks) outside.  It is a West Highland Terrier/Shih Tzu.  The daddy dog had long hair that is matted up terribly, it was all pitiful.  I went ahead and got the puppy because I didn't have the heart to leave it there, I wish I could have them ALL.  My poor puppy had feces matted in his hair.  I took him home and scrubbed him clean, and brushed and brushed his hair.  I have a vet appt tomorrow for him, but I am SO afraid the puppy is sick, or has permanent problems because of the conditions.  Tomorrow I am calling animal control (or who ever deals with that stuff) on them.  It broke my heart :( :( :(  Not to mention, the ladies advice on how to train him was to spank him hard when he pees or poo's in the house.  She said "that's how I do it". 

Here is a picture on my little buddy.  He also is not walking a lot, and I am afraid it's from lack of exercise.  I am going to spoil and love on this baby!! 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Awwe he looks like my doggie
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mayasmama11
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Poor baby!!!!! Thank God you went when you did!! I hope animal control or someone steps in!! I don't have any fur babies but it breaks my heart to see animals being abused!! Good job Momma!!
danie24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:45 PM
That's heart breaking :(

People are so cruel.
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:45 PM

He's beautiful!!! I hope they lock them up for good.

lilmama299
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:45 PM

omg he is so cute thank you so much for saving him

Tesserae
by Mrs.Mellark on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:45 PM
2 moms liked this

How sad. Thank you for calling animal control and helping the rest of them.

kameronsmommy08
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:45 PM

OMG poor baby.Yes, please call someone on them.

Mommy2b2many
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:46 PM

awww so cute!

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:46 PM
He's cute.
lkane81
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Aww he is cute. He.prolly isnt walkingcuz he isnt used to the surfaces and being cramped in a small cage. Dont worry he will get used to things and start moving around more. Hope the vet goes good. Biggest this right now is parvo from the horrid conditions. And watch for any breed typical health issues as he may be inbreed. At least he has a good home now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)