Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

feeling like the typical raggy sahm

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
So dh is out of town for work and has been for a week and a half. I'm a SAHM to a two year old and 8 months pregnant. My lo has been VERY sick the past few days and I've barely slept. I'm mildly annoyed because dh and his coworkers are drinkin it up tonight at the hotel lounge. I feel guilty for my annoyance/jealousy.

Anyone here feel this way when dh is out of town??
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Bump!
rebecca.n
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:06 AM

I felt the same way just yesterday. I spent all day with two cranky fighting kids. DH gets home, we have supper...and then leaves me to watch the kids some MORE while he washes the dishes! How dare him right?

I was just being moody though. I totally get how ridiculous I was being. And when I told him later how I felt he was very apologetic.

In your case...I'd feel the same way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Well...my husband is a firefighter/EMT. I'll probably be really bashed for my feelings then. While when they do run calls (the county he's employed at is highly trashy, so it's a lot of people high on PCP running around naked!) they are working hard but most of the time it's rare. Most of the time they are watching TV, running the roads, playing basketball, getting meals made for them, napping, smoking cigars...I might be wrong but sometimes I do get a little irritated that I never get a break at home with 2 under 2 years old but he gets paid to chill for the majority. Yes, they have their "station" chores and such but in a SAHM eyes, it'd be a break!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:12 AM
I know that exact feeling! lol

Quoting rebecca.n:

I felt the same way just yesterday. I spent all day with two cranky fighting kids. DH gets home, we have supper...and then leaves me to watch the kids some MORE while he washes the dishes! How dare him right?

I was just being moody though. I totally get how ridiculous I was being. And when I told him later how I felt he was very apologetic.

In your case...I'd feel the same way.

abouttobeamom
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this

God YES, but i work now....at dun dun dun....McFreakinDonalds.....i wish i just stayed at home because this social life is dumbing me down......its hard to be pregnant and taking care of a sick baby and knowing hes out not worried about all your issues.  relax....you will get your turn in due time....then regret it lol....but when u do get your time dont do it with fireball....it can kill moms like us.....seriously...stay away from dark ales and cinnamon wiskey!!!!!! i recently ended up with my head in a bush to hide my pathetic face and large ammounts of throw up.....on top of that my husband picked me up with the kids in the car.....i dont remember but my daughter asked me why i got so sick when i was out having fun...i just told her i ate something bad.....aweful....but my girlfriend had some funny pictures! yeah....but not doing that again and not jealous of hubby going out to drink anymore....home is nice

tennisgal
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:13 AM

yes sometimes. 

dh is schedule to go to ITALY in May for two weeks. I'm insanely jealous but haven't said a word to him about it. We have four small boys and we homeschool, so it's not even an option to go with him but I really rely on his noon break he gives me to get lunch cleaned up and occupy the boys for a little while. I'm happy he gets to go, but I'm a little scared to go it alone for so two weeks. 

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:15 AM

LOLOLOLOL

Quoting abouttobeamom:

God YES, but i work now....at dun dun dun....McFreakinDonalds.....i wish i just stayed at home because this social life is dumbing me down......its hard to be pregnant and taking care of a sick baby and knowing hes out not worried about all your issues.  relax....you will get your turn in due time....then regret it lol....but when u do get your time dont do it with fireball....it can kill moms like us.....seriously...stay away from dark ales and cinnamon wiskey!!!!!! i recently ended up with my head in a bush to hide my pathetic face and large ammounts of throw up.....on top of that my husband picked me up with the kids in the car.....i dont remember but my daughter asked me why i got so sick when i was out having fun...i just told her i ate something bad.....aweful....but my girlfriend had some funny pictures! yeah....but not doing that again and not jealous of hubby going out to drink anymore....home is nice

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Dude fuck. that. If anyone is going to have the fun job it's me I had to push the kid out! Dh does his share every night or I will leave ( the house to run not like divorce or anything). I don't think it is right for me to go crazy over a child that is not just mine but ours.
coffeeLover8
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:20 AM

ahhh... do not feel guilty.. my hubby has called me from Italy, and  Guam, Afghanistan and Turkey, while he was hanging out with his commander....lol BUT I was on video the whole time...lol I felt like I was there... anyway, you are pregnant, tired and want your man... smile and know he will be home soon

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Nah, I enjoy my alone time when he is away!  Whose to say I dont have a girls night out while he is away as well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)