Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your mom was in the hospital

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:33 AM
  • 28 Replies

Assuming you have a good relationship with her, would you go to a bar or come see your mother?

My friends mom is in the hospital for the second time in a month for MRSA and other issues. Said friend moved an hour away for work 4 days after her mom got home last time. I got the duty of packing the open would once a day, driving her around, and generally taking care of her. Well she (the mom) is back in the hospital for ulcers and dehydration. I text my friend and asked if she was coming down tomorrow since she is off Friday Saturday and Sunday. (She is off those days every week and has been back ONCE since she left three weeks ago).

She said she would be down Sunday because she is going to the club Friday and Saturday to celebrate her birthday, which is Monday. Am I being selfish to be upset? I mean here I am busting my butt, spending my gas, taking time away from my family, to take care of HER mom and make sure she has company every day. Packing the wound in a not so awesome place, cooking and cleaning for her, driving her around, but you are going to the club? UGH just irritated.

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:56 AM
4 moms liked this

Well I'm glad the poor lady has someone looking out for her at least.

That's pretty selfish of her daughter. Moms are irreplaceable.

momof2891
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:19 AM
I would be irritated and pissed too. Her daughter needs to start acting like one. I'm glad that her mother has someone that is willing to help her!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
skittlefart
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd visit. I don't enjoy my mother's presence on most days but even I'm not that heartless to let her stay in a hospital without visiting. You're right to be upset 

photo 239313c9-3142-496c-b74e-7831f5d3107f_zpsc6281fe0.jpg
Fatal_Frost
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:24 AM
I dont think it would matter too much, if its not life threatning, and i'd only be at a club after visiting hrs were over anyway...
There's no excuse for not being there during the day and helping out though, doesnt sound like they have avery close rrelationship
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:24 AM
2 moms liked this
I can't even begin to describe how angry this makes me. I would've loved to have 1 more day with my mom and this "woman" would rather be at a bar? She will regret her decisions later, when it's too late.
Meghan6391
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:26 AM
I always stay with my momma when she is in the hospital. So i would have a sleeping bag next to her
melissam21
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:29 AM
Id be with my mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:05 AM
I was the only one of 5 kids to care for my mom when she had a severe mrsa infection. So there's your answer. Btw we have a terrible relationship. She will talk to me when she wants something then disown me the next minute.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:16 AM
My grandma raised me and even when she goes to the hospital I'm always right by her side. She will regret her actions when its too late.
To you thanks for being by her side. Your good is not going unnoticed God sees it..
marinenonstop
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:16 AM
I called out of work and stayed in the hospital every day all day except for showering and sleeping when my mom was in the hospital. I even rescheduled my sons bday party once because my mom was in the hospital. My parents are so important to me. They help me tremendously and i will always be there when they need me. Weve had rough patches here and there...but i love them dearly. Glad she has someone to help her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)