Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you lie about having a natural birth?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 511 Replies

Poll

Question: did you lie about having a natural birth?

Options:

Yes I did - totally drugged out and everyone thinks I had no meds, HA!

Nope every word of my birth experience is the truth

eh I stretched the truth a bit - opps!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1004

View Results

So I have seen on a number of occations during my career as a L&D nurse, women who lie about their birth experience, particularly about getting pain meds.  I have had women tell visitors that they did it without drugs, when I know they had an epidural or IV meds.  I have even had 2 scheduled c-section moms tell visitors that they had natural med free vaginal deliveries.  I mean it doesn't matter to me what folks tell people, but i find it very sad that we live in a culture where women feel so pressured to have a certain experience that they feel they have to lie.  No one knows what really happens in the labor room other then the staff and they ain't talking so i gues people can tell whatever story they want.  I was just hoping to see if this is a widespread issue or perhaps a regional thing.  Please feel free to confess if you want or just respond to the poll.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:30 AM
4 moms liked this
Nope..I did not have a natural birth and am not ashamed to say so. Of course natural was goal but there was no shame when I couldn't succeed..I tried but it was a difficult delivery so w/e. if people want to judge because I had pain meds and what not than whatever...not my problem what others think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SageAdvice
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:31 AM
3 moms liked this

Oh this should be interesting if people are truthful. I know in todays world a lot of women are catching grief for pain meds. It's a shame.

unspecified42
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:32 AM
Lol. Nope. I had an epidural with one, one with IV pain medication right at the end, then three totally med-free deliveries.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:33 AM
I had one epidural 4 totaly natrul not even a iv birth. The last one I only had a iv.. My 3rd I was the first to hold him.
LaughingTattoo
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Ive never known anyone who lies about their birth exp.....

mizkriz73
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:35 AM

My first one I used meds but my second two I didn't. With oldest the meds put him to sleep so hard labor for 12 hours with no progress and so when it was time for our next one to come I just decided I could do with out. I found it faster and easier for me.

hip2it
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:35 AM
3 moms liked this

I've gone drug free and natural for all three of mine.  However, for the next one, I totally want to be drugged out of my mind.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Nope i was induced both times, had epidurals both times, they used forceps eith my first and had a c section with my second. This one is a scheduled c section.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:36 AM
I've been completely honest.....right down to admitting that I BEGGED for pain relief for my last baby. Lol. But, I was already 9cm at that point, no too far along for anything.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Yurixsi
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:36 AM
I had 1 epidural 2 nd was totaly natural she was born at 940 am I was home at 3 pm.. 3rd I had no pain meds..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)