Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Calling all cafemom doctors

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:28 AM
  • 7 Replies
Does anyone know what the symptoms of a perforated eardrum is?
I blew my nose earlier today and I heard like a screech (only way i could describe it) and then felt a pop. Now my ear hurts bad, I keep getting a stabbing feeling in that ear and it sounds like I am under water. The pain is more intense if I move my jaw, sneeze, cough or yawn.
I tried looking it up but didn't really find anything (I'm not real good at finding things on the Internet.)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
NovemberRainbow
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Sounds to me like a middle ear infection. Get it checked out, no good to have your ears hurt. Hope you feel better

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:31 AM

this happened to my dh, take some sinus meds. He had sinus infection that drained into his ear. Made him take some sudafed and he was all better in a few days

SpnFulOfSugar
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Bleeding, sharp pain, decreased/no hearing in the ear. Mine perforated when I had the flu in December. It was awful. I couldn't drive for over a week because I was so dizzy.
SpnFulOfSugar
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Sounds more like an ear infection than a perforation. Take a decongestant and use so OTC ear drops.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:33 AM

if your eardrum is perforated, it will bleed...did it do that? if not, most likely an infection...put a few drops of olive oil or breast milk in your ear

Momof2angels88
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks to all who replied. There was no blood just a whole lot if pain! No I know why babies cry so much when they get an ear infection. It's not nice!
SillyDayze
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:42 AM
You could also try resting you ear on a hot pack. Some thing about it is comforting. My Mom did that with us kids, she says it bring out the infection and let's it drain. It feels so good. All my kids ask for it when their ears hurt now.
Hope you feel better!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)