Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is eczema itchy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies

My 3 year old dd has always had a very light pink area on her lower back...where the band of her pants sit. Just a small area. Never bothered her. The past week, out of nowhere, it is a big area now and got really red and a little bumpy. She said it was itchy. I put some hydrocortisone cream on it, and within a few days, it looked much better. I have been using it 3 times a day, but late yesterday afternoon, it got red again. Obviously, the cream is working, but maybe not good enough? She only complains it is itchy when it starts to turn red again. I have been giving her an oatmeal bath, and tried benedryl. I am waiting on the drs to open at 9 to call to get her seen, just wanted to see here. Who deals with eczema. Does it sound like it could be? I have never had to deal with any rash like this. She has had no new foods, no different detergent or anything like that has changed. It just came out of nowhere. Disclaimer: No, I am not seeking medical advice here, before anyone says. Yes, I am calling her ped, as I mentioned. Just wanted to see if it sounds like something like eczema to anyone. I need to do some reading on it. Dh brought it up...I know nothing about it. And of course, the day I plan to take her in, it looks really good at the time. Lol. I took pictures to show him though, so he can see.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:58 AM

It does. My eldest has it really bad has since birth

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:58 AM
It does but it also sounds like her tags are bothering it worse.
RightSock
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Yes it does.

ADC2005
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Yes it's very itchy, when I was younger mine got so bad that it scabbed over black
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EvilAsh
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:02 AM

sounds like it could be.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:02 AM

She hates tags, so they are all cut off. It's now a bigger area than before, not just where a tag would be. I am hoping the dr will give me something to go on, since it looks pretty good right now after cream put on before bed last night.

Quoting Anonymous:

It does but it also sounds like her tags are bothering it worse.

pinkfairy0206
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:04 AM
My one daughter has had eczema as long as I can remember. She says it burns,itchy and stings (especially in bath and when I put her cream on)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Yes it can be. My oldest has it he is 11 we use Aquafora to keep it at bay.
itsm3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

dont bother with benedryl. eczema is a disorder of the upper dermis of the skin.  i use organic argan oil for my eczema and avoid steroid creams. 

make sure to bathe her with only warm water, alway moisturize (argan oil first (if no nut allergies) and aveeno after).  plenty of water, restrict junk and sweets (foods are often a trigger) and reduce dairy (which is also a trigger) :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:06 AM

:( poor girl. I have been making her bath a bit cooler, and she sits in slowly, but never complains the water makes it hurt. Makes me sad when it's so red and angry looking and she wants to itch. Does it get a little bumpy?

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

My one daughter has had eczema as long as I can remember. She says it burns,itchy and stings (especially in bath and when I put her cream on)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN