Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm going to kill my husband

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:29 AM
  • 41 Replies
We're starting to get a handle on my son's desire to constantly eat. Mostly, we keep the snacks out of sight.

But my husband is a late night snacker and he's obnoxious about it. Rather than put some chips in a bowl and a can of soda in a glass he brings 2 cans into our room and the entire bag of chips. Then falls asleep with them on the nightstand.

Enter DS bright and early. And he sees them. And he wants them.

It ticks me off anyway that my husband eats so unhealthily. And he's kind of wasteful. Like, he drinks one can of soda, opens the second and only drinks 1/4 and then it's just there all night. If you're doing that, consistently, just drink one can. Also, you don't need the entire bag of chips. Put a serving in a bowl. A little self-control, if you please.

So I'm enforcing a 'no snack' rule in bed. Today I had to hear "Can I have these chips?" first thing in the AM. And since my son is practically intolerably grumpy in the AM hearing "No. With lunch" is the kiss of death, he throws a fit and it just sets a shitty tone for the day.

No more. If DH can't remember to put the snacks back and throw away his trash, it's not coming in our room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:30 AM
7 moms liked this

I personally would be grossed out trying to sleep while someone is slurping pop and munching chips in bed next to me!  What a bad habit!!!

Not for everyone

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Yuck! No eating in bedrooms period.
spooky415
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:33 AM
I normally fall asleep before he starts. The actual eating doesn't wake me but he knows not to open the bag around me bc it'll wake me and I'll get mad lol.

Quoting brettsmomma:

I personally would be grossed out trying to sleep while someone is slurping pop and munching chips in bed next to me!  What a bad habit!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Just curious, is there anything thta your family does that does not annoy you? Can you ever write a happy post? Seems like you get a sick thrill coming in here and bitching about your family? I don't know maybe it's just me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:41 AM

If you hate your family so much, why do you keep them around.  You do nothing but complain about your husband and child on here.

chattycassie
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I agree we dont eat in the bedrooms in our house. YUCK

aidyns_mommy
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Df and DS love to snack together. They eat healthy most the time. Doesn't bother me when they get a bag of chips to munch on while watching TV.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:43 AM
4 moms liked this

Stop buying it.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:43 AM
6 moms liked this

In real life we often have flippant gripes about our husband and kids. Not big enough to start a war at home but enough that its on your mind a lot. Venting in here allows a person to get it off her chest and hopefully gain a fresh insight and maybe a solution to the problem. Its a win win imo. Don't open her posts if you find her offensive.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you hate your family so much, why do you keep them around.  You do nothing but complain about your husband and child on here.

Not for everyone

spooky415
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Did you not see my post from yesterday about me and my husband joking around?

Or my post from a few nights ago about my husband being a snuggly wuggly bunny and looking cute while he was sleeping?

Or my post last night about endearing nicknames for each other?

Quoting cutebaby06:

Just curious, is there anything thta your family does that does not annoy you? Can you ever write a happy post? Seems like you get a sick thrill coming in here and bitching about your family? I don't know maybe it's just me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)