Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fifth disease

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
I took my oldest dd to the dr yesterday because she had a really dry bright red rash all over her cheeks. They said she has fith disease and its no big deal it will go away on its own. She is only harmful to women in early stages of pregnancy. Her step mom is 21 weeks pregnant and she was with her this past weekend. I am hoping and praying her stepmom didnt catch it and pass it to baby. Even tho most babies arent effected too bad by it im worried. i will ever forgive myself if something goes wrong because of this. Has anyone been though this. Im really worried for baby. I told her dad about it as soon as i found out. Stepmom has an appointment today and will discuss it with her dr while she is there.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Nobody has been thru this?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:46 AM

My 7 year old had it. He was miserable, but luckily no one else got it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:49 AM

My nephew got it and had a febrile seizure from it. He was around 18 months when he got it.

Donna.June
by Pigpen on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Three of my girls got it while I was pregnant with girl number 4. It didn't bother them, they just looked red. Lol, it wasn't a big deal for us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

My 7 year old had it. He was miserable, but luckily no one else got it. 

My dd is 9 and other then the rash nothing is wrong with her. The rash isnt even all over just a little viral looking rash spread to her neck. She is playing eating and drinking as normal. Sorry your ds got so sick from it.
t1gger143
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:53 AM
I had it when I was 22. It only lasted a few days. Hopefully everyone is fine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Both mine got it.My daughter's little red checks were so sad looking :( But no one was pg at the time.It's not really a big deal for the kids sanitize everything good.My kids kept getting it from grandmas we think.The rash can disappear and show up for weeks which is what my son's did.When I say kept getting it I mean the other symptoms too.My mil said oh I cleaned everything good nope.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

My nephew got it and had a febrile seizure from it. He was around 18 months when he got it.

Oh no poor baby. My dd isnt sick at all other then it looking bad
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Quoting Donna.June:

Three of my girls got it while I was pregnant with girl number 4. It didn't bother them, they just looked red. Lol, it wasn't a big deal for us.

Shes not bothered by it either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:56 AM
I was just reading about this the other day, I thought my dd had it. Bump!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)