Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No one knows I have a brother... HELP

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:25 AM
  • 19 Replies

Before my dad met my mom he had a son with the woman he was dating at the time, he wanted to get married but she didn't and didn't want my dad around just for the kid. She pushed him out of her life and my dad moved on. He never told anyone except my mom. I didn't find out until i was 17 when we got a call from his grandmother to tell my dad that my brother's girlfriend had just had a son and my dad was a grandfather. I know very little about the history between my dad and his mom, I think my dad sent money over the years to help out, he was a trouble maker "like my dad". He kept in touch with me and my sisters for less than a year. The last I heard was he was in jail in Colorado I believe, for damage to a car. He got his GED and wanted to become a teacher. I have his name his sons name and his moms first and married name. Anyone experience this? Anyone know how to find a sibling. I love my sisters and I'm very close to them, i want to have a relationship with my brother as well. but i don't know how to find him. I've tried facebook, I've tried google, but i cant seem to find him. My dad wont talk about him.

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
morriganna
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:28 AM

BUMP!

Birdseed
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Just do it!  Look him up, send a letter/message/email and wait.  Be prepared that he may not wish to have a relationship with you now...or ever.  But what's the worst that can happen?  

die4u
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I would love to just do it, but I've tried the internet and there are so many people by his name, I don't seem to have enough info.

Quoting Birdseed:

Just do it!  Look him up, send a letter/message/email and wait.  Be prepared that he may not wish to have a relationship with you now...or ever.  But what's the worst that can happen?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:33 AM
My fiance has a sister older than him from a previous relationship. His dad broke up with the first woman who had the baby and didnt tell anyone until 2 years ago. My fiance was 22 the other girl was 26 and my fiances two sisters with his mother were 20 and 16. Its very confusing. Also my fiances family does not speak of this girl and they do not want to. Shes lives in fl with her mom and we live in MA. I dont understand why they dont want to meet her but its not up to me.
kissesxoxo8882
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:33 AM
My father has 7 kids from a previous marriage and I have never met any of them (my father died when I was one )
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
die4u
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:36 AM

My dad is the strong silent type and he wont budge. He doesnt talk about him. My mom is trying to pry info out of him. I want to know him. I've seen a picture of him actually i stole from my dads night stand, he looks just like my dad.

Quoting Anonymous:

My fiance has a sister older than him from a previous relationship. His dad broke up with the first woman who had the baby and didnt tell anyone until 2 years ago. My fiance was 22 the other girl was 26 and my fiances two sisters with his mother were 20 and 16. Its very confusing. Also my fiances family does not speak of this girl and they do not want to. Shes lives in fl with her mom and we live in MA. I dont understand why they dont want to meet her but its not up to me.

firemom5906
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I had a sister I always knew about but never talk to or met.  I got lucky in 2010 and found her on facebook.  You might have to pay on a site to find him or higher someone to find him.  I am so glad my sister is in my life.  We still haven't met in person cause she lives in PA and I live in Arkansas but we talk on the phone all the time and on facebook.  We are hoping to meet this summer or next. 

etsmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I don't know how, but I wish I did. My Dh has 2 brothers that his mother gave up for adoption when DH was 4 or 5. Dh has a few pictures of them plaing with him at a park. I wish we could find them because DH has no family left and my heart breaks for him because he has no family left but mine.

winterglow
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Can't the grandmother give you any information? It doesn't matter how slight it is, it might just be enough to help. Do you know where the baby was born? That would at least limit the geographic area. His age? You have his name so that should help. Have you tried one of the people search things? I know you have to pay but if it finds you your brother (and you'd only need the cheapest options)...

Good luck!

winterglow
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I am really sorry to hear that. (((((HUGS)))))

Quoting kissesxoxo8882:

My father has 7 kids from a previous marriage and I have never met any of them (my father died when I was one )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured