Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

he left us homeless

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
Dh and have been married four years(i got married at 18. He was 19). I got pregnant a year later. We now have a three year old ds, a two year old dd and an eight month old ds.

I'm a sahm and I was trying to complete my nursing degree. a month ago, dh left. He said he was going to pick up diapers for our son but he never returned. I called the cops and reported him missing only to get a call saying he went to the police station a week later. This broke my heart. I've been struggling to get by because I don't have any family. But God blessed me enough to have a savings account right? That ass hole son of a bitch emptied it accept 3,000 which is a months mortgage plus bills. Come to find out, we were months behind on bills and that he's been given extensions by putting something on the bills but never fully paying them off.Everything was shut off. My car was repossed because the car note wasn't payed in five months.

We had to sell everything. Every single thing. The furniture, my jewelery, computers, clothes, toys...EVERYTHING(of mine. I kept the kids clothes, shoes, beds and of their favorite toys) . I cried every single day. So I made 5,000 from selling our stuff. I didn't pay off the bills because they were in his name. I went on craigslist to find an affordable place to stay. I found nothing and saw a small camper. Its the size of a short yellow school bus, it comes with a bedroom, kitchen and entertainment center. There's a cafeteria style table and bench for eating and a couch near the entertainment center that pulls out into a bed where they sleep. The babies crib can fit in the bedroom with me. I bought it two days ago and I've found an RV park a mile from kids school. I've asked a friend to pick them up and drop them off.

I've been able to purchase a month worth of groceries and tissue with money left over for a car(1,000) so I can go job hunting and pay the phone bill...

I just need advice. Budgeting advice so I can save money and afford an apartment or something.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:37 AM
7 moms liked this

Apply for government assistance and tell the social worker they assign you what your ex has done. He will be sending you CS in no time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:39 AM
No one has filled for divorce yet

Quoting Anonymous:

Apply for government assistance and tell the social worker they assign you what your ex has done. He will be sending you CS in no time.

ladyvamp5489
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

What a horrible human being to do this to you and your children. :'( What state do you live in? Maybe I can help with some things..(pm me ifr you feel comfortable dont put that information int his post.)

My advice is to not buy anything on credit. If you don't have the extra cash don't buy it. go to food pantries for food as that will help you out a lot.

If you feel comnfortable enough maybe you could apply for some welfare to help you get past this.

Also maybe apply for some pell grants via college and use them to help you pay your monthly bills until you have finished school.

Not for everyone

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

He isn't living with you, they'll still figure out a way to get you some help.

Quoting Anonymous:

No one has filled for divorce yet

Quoting Anonymous:

LadySlimm
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Try government housing, maybe FS till you can get on your feet. Make sure those babies are fed and have a roof over their heads. Then work from there. Good luck

mommieof38829
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:42 AM
2 moms liked this
Doesn't matter if you filed for divorce. He left and that means they can get him for child support. Go get fs and whatever else you need. Good luck momma
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
winterglow
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I have no advice to give you only all of the positive vibes I can muster.

(((((HUGS)))))

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:44 AM

how will you afford childcare to watch your kids while you job search..and then after you get the job? You really need to find a homeless shelter that way you have a safe place to stay, and maybe daycare during the day

D.O.E.
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:44 AM

that mother fucker!!!!!!!!

oh this makes me so angry for you!!!!

how does a "man" do that?!sonofabitch!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)