Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Upper toothache

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
Can I go to med express for a toothache? Will they just give me antibiotics if I have a sinus infection and that's why my tooth hurts.. From the pressure of one?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Go for the sinus infection, not the tooth ache. If you have a sinus infection they will give you the meds for that.
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:45 AM
I would go there for a sinus infection and see if the meds for that help. If they don't then you know it's a tooth ache an will have to visit a dentist. Is it a constant ache or are there other symptoms?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:48 AM
My stomach feels sick, my nose is raw feeling, and the tooth hurts if I touch it with my tongue or other teeth. It was throbbing yesterday and is starting to a bit again.

Quoting Tooth_Inspector:

I would go there for a sinus infection and see if the meds for that help. If they don't then you know it's a tooth ache an will have to visit a dentist. Is it a constant ache or are there other symptoms?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:49 AM
My eyes are burning a bit and my head hurts
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:50 AM

that was me last week! I had them take that stupid Wisdom tooth out. Turns out, it was hurting because I had an infection. That's nothing to joke with. If you're getting constant headaches, that's a sign that the infection is or has spread. Your best bet is to get on a payment plan, or (if you have state insurance) go and get that tooth pulled or whatever. That was the worst pain ever. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:52 AM

if it's an absess in your tooth..you can die from that. YOu'd better not play around with dental infections. Don't think for one moment that it's minor. My tooth pain made my whole face hurt. It felt like sinus pain but that's the infection making it feel that way. If you google, you'll see that many people have died from what they thought was just a toothache. Please go get that checked out and worse come to worse, go to the Er and have them prescribe you antibiotics for that infection. That'll push it off until you can have the dental work done at least.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Sounds like a sinus infection.
Birdseed
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:56 AM

If your tooth is touch and heat sensitive (as opposed to cold sensitive) it's likely that you've got an abscess.  That abscess could be causing your other symptoms.

Because of the proximity to blood flow, an abscess at the root of a tooth can quickly spread infection into your entire blood stream.  Are you running a fever?

I would get in to a dentist today.  

They should NOT extract the tooth until the infection is gone. They can diagnose the infection by taking a quick radiograph.  An abcessed tooth will show some light grey/white space at the base of the root.  

If you can afford to save the tooth, do.  Extracting a tooth can cause other issues with the opposing teeth or the teeth on either side.

Get thee to a dentist ASAP.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)