Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Job Search confession, I'm going to lie! and I don't care!! ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

I've tried the being honest thing and that didn't work so now I'm lying! I'm going to say on my resume that I did 3 1/2 years of PTA work at my child's school to make up for that gap and if that doesn't get me a job, I'll say that I used to work full time for 3 1/2 years at a company that has gone out of business in my town. I'm desperate and I don't give a crap about integrity. I'm not selling my vagina, or my ass. I'll lie first! So bash me if you want. I'm a hard working, I don't mind working 2 or 3 jobs if I have to and no one wants to hire me! I'm fed up and getting hired and possibly fired in a year or two is better than them throwing my resume in the garbage.

I've had enough! I would do PA if I had to but I want to work! Why is that so wrong! I'm putting in for the right jobs, have great work experience and they're disregarding it because I chose to be a SAHM? What kind of shit is that!? An HR lady on here yesterday said she won't even look at a resume by a jobseeker who had been out of work more than a year. Hell anything more than 6 months and your career has been flushed down the toilet. I've made up my mind! No I don't have volunteer work. I didn't know I needed to do volunteer work on top of everything I already do for my 4 small children. We're divorcing now and  I need a job so i have to do what I have to do! Let the bashing begin!

btw, I'm not picky. I will work anywhere. So far Macy's, Toys r us, Walmart, McDonalds have all rejected me!

ETA: I found an out of business company & gave myself a good three years working with them. Now no gap in my employment. I'll update this once I get a job.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
You do what you gotta do in these times mama. Do it if you feel it will get you the job.
VintageWife
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Before I lied about doing stuff at the school, I'd lie about something that could be backed up like working for the family business (or a friends). You need to pick something that someone could/would verify for you if they had to.

(BTW, I wouldn't lie at all, but I understand your desperation.)

mnmbaby
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Toys R Us always rejects me, as does Target. I've applied to both multiple times, even different stores in different states, and was still rejected. I wouldn't lie, though. It might backfire.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:22 AM

thank you, it's depressing. I feel like no one wants me. It makes me doubt myself, doubt who I am. It makes me hate myself that I can't find a job. I hate feeling this way

Quoting VintageWife:

Before I lied about doing stuff at the school, I'd lie about something that could be backed up like working for the family business (or a friends). You need to pick something that someone could/would verify for you if they had to.

(BTW, I wouldn't lie at all, but I understand your desperation.)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:22 AM

could they verify PTA work?

Aleta775
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Do you have a degree?
Aleta775
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Yes.

Quoting Anonymous:

could they verify PTA work?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:25 AM

no i don't and i don't have time to take 2 years to go to school full time. They won't give me a loan,..and I don't have the money to do even a certificate program> i need to work now

Quoting Aleta775:

Do you have a degree?

Rocks678
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I know someone who did that and she got hired.  She lied about the amount of time she really worked at her previous jobs to show she had more experience.

Birdseed
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:26 AM

There are so many well qualified candidates out there right now that companies can afford be really picky.  Do you really think that it's ONLY the lack of employment over the last 3 1/2 years that's the issue or could there be other things that are contributing.  Be honest with yourself.

I wouldn't lie.  But perhaps you could retool your resume.  When you apply for a job, modify your resume so that your "relevant experience" is listed first rather than listing everything in chronological order.  Also, modify your "skill set" portion to reflect the requirements in the advert.

There are free services available in most communities to tweak a resume.  I'd look into that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)