Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just got back from court

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My ex decided to take me to court to have his child support lowered because he and his wife can't stop popping out kids they can't afford. They have been married 7 years and they have 3 kids together and she is pregnant again.

He has asked me in the past to lower the child support. The first time, I agreed to lower it by $200 a month (he pays $485 a month for our one child) for a year because his wife was pregnant with their second and they were having a hard time. She wasn't going to be able to go back to work after she had the baby because after daycare for 2 kids, it wasn't going to be worth it (remember that her income has no bearing on child support anyway). About 2 months after that year was up, she got pregnant again this was their 3ird child together, and again,  my ex asked me to lower the child support. At that point I said no. It was one thing when she was pregnant with their second and he asked me but for it to happen again, sorry, they need to plan better.

So we were in court and the judge asked why he wanted the support lowered and my ex told him because he is about to have 5 children total. I told the judge about the year where I let him off $200 a month after their second child. The judge asked him  if he couldn't make his child support payments in full for a while after his 2and child with his wife, why would he go and have 2 more and then expect me to do with less child support because of it? He told the judge that if we were together and had more children, our first child would live on less. The judge agreed that was true but in that case, I would have say over having those children, in this case, obviously, I didn't. My ex went on to tell the judge that I was being greedy and that our DD has more then him and his wife's kids (yeah, because I work, my DH works and we have DD and 2 kids together because we stopped having children so that we could AFFORD all of them). While it was hard, I kept my mouth shut the whole time while he kept talking back to the judge and was clearly getting on his nerves

The judge reviewed the papers and saw that he is making $500 more, per month then he was when child support was ordered. So instead of ordering a decrease in child support, he ordered it to be increased by $130 per month so now it's ordered at $615.

I was thinking about letting my ex just pay the $485 but after the way he talked about me in court, I don't think I will. It also pisses me off that instead of saying "hey, let's stop having children" he says "hey, lets just try to pay less for my first child".

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Oh, which side?

Quoting Angelicembrace:

Hmm..I'm biased with this topic right now.

Anyways. I am glad that things went smoothly for you.

anitarichman
by Anita on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Yay for you and your dd!   I bet  your ex and his wife are pissed!  LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
It's also not the new kids fault their parents are irresponsible. Personally if I didn't need his money I wouldn't take it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Well it's a long story lol. I just meant I'm generally biased, and been dealing with this from the "child" POV. Long story short, my own parents are duking it out in CS for my younger sister. So many factors involved, but in some situations judges don't give a flying shit about the fathers end. I mean, to the point they wont even let them talk.

In your case though, your ex is being an ass for having kids still and expecting your child to go without because of it. Sorry, didn't mean to make you think like I was like, being a bizatch lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, which side?

Quoting Angelicembrace:

Hmm..I'm biased with this topic right now.

Anyways. I am glad that things went smoothly for you.

Whenever life gets tough I just remember this..

The Water Temple.

brookegregory
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:43 PM
im happy that the judge is making him pay more.. not urs or ur dd fault he keeps having kids so no reason for yall to suffer!!
NotAMuggle
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:46 PM

meh

jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I love it! And the Catholic excuse is BS, by the way.

ashley9603
by RunningMomma on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I agree what the judge ordered....he cant just not support the other child(ren)that he had prior to being with this other woman.

ninjakids
by Christina on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Sorry, Im on his side. Yeah, he should have to pay Child Support - but that is nearly what I get from Child Tax Credit a month and it is WAY more than what is needed. & Assuming youre in the states, everything there is much cheaper than here in Canada. God frobid him and his wife have a family or anything, and god forbid that their children have anything. Pat yourself on the back dear, you did a great job.eye rolling

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Hell yes!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)