Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some advice about my 6 month old dd

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
She has been eating babyfood fruits for the past two weeks. Well now she doesn't want her formula. Yesterday she had some pears and only three bottles of formula. Now today she has had two bottles and apple's. I am not sure how much of either she should be eating. Please give me some advice. She sees the Dr. Next week.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Solids before one year are just practice. Always offer formula before food and if she is refusing bottles, then stop the solids.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:14 PM

formula shold be your priority, always give her formula before you offer solids

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:15 PM
I am doing that and she is refusing the bottle. She acts like she doesn't like the taste of the formula. If I don't feed her solid she screams and screams like she doesn't get full

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Solids before one year are just practice. Always offer formula before food and if she is refusing bottles, then stop the solids.

elliotmommytobe
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Im no help my ds loves both. Heres a bump for ya thou
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Thank you

Quoting elliotmommytobe:

Im no help my ds loves both. Heres a bump for ya thou
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:20 PM

She is probably going through a phase. I know with breastfeeding they call it a nursing strike, I am sure that formula fed kids can go through that too. I would stop the solids and just keep offering her bottle. Maybe try a sippy cup?

Quoting Anonymous:

I am doing that and she is refusing the bottle. She acts like she doesn't like the taste of the formula. If I don't feed her solid she screams and screams like she doesn't get full

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Ok ty

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

She is probably going through a phase. I know with breastfeeding they call it a nursing strike, I am sure that formula fed kids can go through that too. I would stop the solids and just keep offering her bottle. Maybe try a sippy cup?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

leanntx
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:21 PM
I'm no help, my 6mo is the exact opposite, lol, but here's a bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Thank you

Quoting leanntx:

I'm no help, my 6mo is the exact opposite, lol, but here's a bump
Moe1521
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:27 PM
My DD goes through this once every few months. It's usually a few days before she hits a milestone, like crawling or standing or a tooth. I would suggest to feel for teeth that may be starting to come in. Maybe the bottle is bothering her.

When my dd gets like this, she eats less than normal but only for a few days. Your dd won't starve herself. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)