Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

- Brunswick shooting - How much are the parents to blame? edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
I have seen a few post about the shooting in Brunswick, Ga. 2 children attempt to rob a women and shoot her and her baby. 2 boys between the ages of 9 to 15. How the hell does this happen? How do 2 kids skip school or whatever happened where they weren't in school, grab a gun and set off to rob an unsuspecting women in day light on a random morning? This is a fairly small town. Drug use is high and this area is pretty ghetto I admit. But how do parents let this happen? How do the parents not know there child did something like this? No one has come forward even with a large reward. But I just am shocked by the fact 2 children did such a horrible crime. They looked at this women and shot her innocent baby for money? This is not a gun control debate by the way. This is a pure how was this missed? How are parents that out of tune with their own kids? My main point is do you blame the parents at all here? I do. In several ways this could have been prevented. Children that age should not have access to a gun period! Much less walking through the streets of town alone and looking for trouble. What could kids this age even possibly need money bad enough for to kill a baby over? Its crazy and scary. My husband has a concealed weapons permit and I am not sure I have ever been more relieved to know that. Edit : They arrested 2 boys today for the shooting. The boys they arrested were 17 and 14. This changes the things just a little for me. I dont see poor scared kids that get in over their heads anymore I see thugs that probably did it for drug money.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Well I think we need to wait until all the facts come out before blaming two children, there is so many things wrong with the entire situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Right now the mothers story is all we have to go on. I mean why would she lie? I honestly dont think this women walked out in public shot her own child and then shot herself several times in public then screamed for help. While the story is odd I dont see why we should doubt her story either.
Quoting Roxygurl:

Well I think we need to wait until all the facts come out before blaming two children, there is so many things wrong with the entire situation.

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:46 PM
I mean why would she lie

-----
Why did Susan smith lie? Why did Casey Anthony lie?

Quoting Anonymous:

Right now the mothers story is all we have to go on. I mean why would she lie? I honestly dont think this women walked out in public shot her own child and then shot herself several times in public then screamed for help. While the story is odd I dont see why we should doubt her story either.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)