Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So if your on PA your poor ?

Posted by   + Show Post
Just asking because alot of the conversations today are about rich and poor.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Replies (121-128):
macbudsmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:41 PM
There is no shame in being poor if it is through not fault of your own. And there is a HUGE difference between poor and low class. If you are low class you should be shamed and it has nothing to do with whats in your pocket book.

Quoting ttsmommy2008:

I wouldnt say that "all people that are on PA are poor". That's kind of stereotypical and rude, to be honest.

A lot of people are having a hard time and are struggling to make ends meet, just as we are (due to job loss). But, we've both started back to work again and are hoping to get out of this situation. Its not impossible to do, but it does take time and effort.

PA is supposed to help people in times of need...well, the ones that legitimately use it for what it was intended for. I do realize that there are many, many out there that abuse it, and they should be ashamed.

I think it's low-class for people that have never ben in the situation, to say that people that are on PA are 'low-class' people

Any one [of you] could end up needing the assistance one day, all it takes is a job loss or other traumatic financial situation, and then you'll be no better [off] than anyone else.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poietes
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Yes, my kids and I buy our own private insurance and are firmly middle class to lower middle class.

Quoting Angeliquer13:

Well alot of pretty good jobs don't offer insurance sooooo even if you just need help with insurance your still poor ?
macbudsmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Still poor if cant afford to cover their family with medical insurance.

Quoting Angeliquer13:

People who just receive medical. They work,they have cars,and they own their homes.

Quoting mylifemylove864:

They have to be. Programs have income limits that are based on the federal poverty level. Poverty means poor.

What kind of people do you know who are on pa but you don't believe they are poor?

Quoting Angeliquer13:

No but I don't believe all people that are on it are poor. But I guess I'm just crazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

You're. Are you on PA?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angeliquer13
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:08 PM
So what about people in Canada ? Their poor because they don't have to pay for it?

Quoting macbudsmom:

Quoting Angeliquer13:

People who just receive medical. They work,they have cars,and they own their homes.

Quoting mylifemylove864:

They have to be. Programs have income limits that are based on the federal poverty level. Poverty means poor.

What kind of people do you know who are on pa but you don't believe they are poor?

Quoting Angeliquer13:

No but I don't believe all people that are on it are poor. But I guess I'm just crazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

You're. Are you on PA?

macbudsmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:16 PM
There is a big difference between not being able to and not having to.

Quoting Angeliquer13:

So what about people in Canada ? Their poor because they don't have to pay for it?

Quoting macbudsmom:

Quoting Angeliquer13:

Quoting mylifemylove864:

Quoting Angeliquer13:

Quoting Anonymous:

You're. Are you on PA?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angeliquer13
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Hhhhhhmmm ok

Quoting macbudsmom:

There is a big difference between not being able to and not having to.

Quoting Angeliquer13:

Quoting macbudsmom:

Quoting Angeliquer13:

Quoting mylifemylove864:

Quoting Angeliquer13:

Quoting Anonymous:

You're. Are you on PA?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I'm not sure what you mean?  I'm just a normal person, no one special.  That's all. 

Quoting Anonymous:

In your eyes?! Who the hell do you think you are?! The majority of working people in the country don't make 100k a year.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL.  I guess the term is relative.   I know to me, anyone who makes under about $100K is poor in my eyes.  But I know many people who think earning $50K is rolling in the dough. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

According to government standards if you make under 250k your poor. However, I don't base everything on financial wealth so I am rich. You are what you answer too so I'm a rich bitch!!!!!! I am never going to say I am poor. I will not claim that.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL.  I guess the term is relative.   I know to me, anyone who makes under about $100K is poor in my eyes.  But I know many people who think earning $50K is rolling in the dough. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured