Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you and your partner know how to fight fair? [POLL]

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:33 PM
  • 121 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you and your partner know how to fight fair?

Options:

No, we yell, slam doors and hold grudges.

Yes, we stay calm and avoid going to bed angry.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 403

View Results

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kitschy
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

We never fight. It used to be a problem actually because my husband never gave any input. Now we are a much more balanced family but we still never ever fight. There is nothing to fight about.

ladyvamp5489
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:59 PM
2 moms liked this

You didnt have an option for me. We are so much alike in thinking we have only argued a couple times in the 18 yrs we have been together. I would say we dont fight.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Our "fighting" is mostly calm discussions.  We may get a little passionate at time but we always talk through.  

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:00 PM
14 moms liked this
We do.
But honestly going to bed angry isn't a big deal.
Some things don't get resolved before bed and we sleep on it and he usually sees he was wrong. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this
We fight but we haven't yelled at each other, or slammed a door in years. DH is more likely to stew on something, but I like to air everything out. Also, over the years, we've learned to not sweat little stuff causing us to fight less overall.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.Nobody.
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Yes and no. We can argue calmly, but sometimes it can get heated...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gigis1
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Not at first but now we do
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jojo_star
by Jojo on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:02 PM

We rarely fight, but when we do, we mostly fight fair. We've gone to bed angry one single time, because we were both exhausted, and just done, and we yell sometimes, but that's even rarer than fights in general. 

sorcha1945
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:02 PM
3 moms liked this

Fair fights in this house only.   Teaching our son the same, when he gets upset over something we tell him to go to his room until he is calm and then we talk things out.  My mother was a screamer during an argument and I learned all it does is cause the other person to resent you and tune you out.  Not very productive at getting a resoltion to a conflict.   Also I do not agree with calling someone you love names (joking is okay; but never in anger and never to hurt).   Words cut worse than a knife, and no matter how many times you say I am sorry that scar will always be there.

AleaKat
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Yes and no

There is a line we don't cross. We don't call names but in the heat of the moment voices do get raised.

We usually go to our corners till we can cool down and come back in a better state of mind.
We never go to bed angry we will stay up and work it out even if it ends in an agree to disagree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured