Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Men are in abusive relationships too.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

And I am sad that no one ever tries to help them. Myself included.

A very good friend of mine was in one. I never noticed it until now. He was with this woman for almost 9 years. He tried to break up with her multiple times but every time he did she would harrass the new girls she thought he might be seeing or she would come to his house and make a scene.

They would get in to arguments and she would hit him, scratch him, throw things, choke him, and he never did anything because he's much bigger than her and was always taught to never hit a woman.

There was once that he hit her because she was choking him while he was driving. It was hit her or wreck the car. But that's the only time.

He finally got free from her when she passed away from cancer a year ago. Since then he is a much happier person. He has a new girlfriend and I can finally see what kind of man he is.

He's affectionate towards her, they laugh and go on fun trips, and he's much more outgoing. 

So that's just my PSA about this since it's never talked about. I wish good men like my friend would get the same support most women do.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:01 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:03 PM

bump

Shadow_Walker
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:06 PM
I agree. Men are made to feel like they shpuld be ashamed if they "let" a woman abuse them. Smdh
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:09 PM

My brother in law's ex was abusive.  She is a horrible person.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Quoting Shadow_Walker:

I agree. Men are made to feel like they shpuld be ashamed if they "let" a woman abuse them. Smdh

Very true! 

It's not that easy for them to "just break up with her"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I think my bf use to be in one (w/his ex gf).  I think his was more verbal and mental abuse than physical, but still abuse.  Everyone always tells me how much happier he is with me...including his son.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM
I agree! My SO was abused by his last GF. It sucks that men don't get the same support that women do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM

sounds like his own stupidity for not having her locked up

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:13 PM
I was friends with a couple a few years back and the wife was AWFUL! Always putting him down, hitting him, screaming at him. She attacked him with a shower rod once and when he took it she hit herself and called the cops. Luckily I was there to see the whole thing or the guy prob would have went to jail. MPs don't mess around with that. He finally got away from her when he deployed and she moved back home.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

sounds like his own stupidity for not having her locked up

My point exactly. 

Victims should not be blamed. If this were a woman no one would say it was her own stupid fault.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)