Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

**Cold Sore!!** ever have one...??

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:13 PM
  • 18 Replies

OK so I'm curious...any of u ladies ever have a cold sore..? i actually haven't but my brother gets them time to time when hes sick or has a fever..

i also have a friend who has one right now.. i didn't say anything about it or be rude.. but today when we went out for lunch ...on the way home she asked me if she could have sum of my iced-tea.. now mind u she has a HUGE cold sore on her lip. if she hadn't had on then maybe it would be a different story.. so i told her go ahead u can have some.. after i dropped her off i had to throw my drink away.. i just couldn't bring myself to drink my tea after she had put her lips all over it.. I'm not trying to be rude here but i just grosses me out. 

so my question is.. would u have done the samething..? would u have continued to drink the tea or would u have thrown it out like me..?

idk am i being weird ..?  i guess everyone is different..

and by no means is this post BASHING anyone who has a cold sore or anyone who gets them..

so i apologize in advance if i offend anyone..

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Cold sores are pretty common and its normal for you to be grossed out by them, they are contagious.  

Im weird though, ive never had one and ive shared drinks with people that have had them.  

LilrockerMama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:15 PM
I get them when I'm sick or really stressed. I just got over one. And when I even feel like I may get one I won't drink after anyone or share anything and I'm even careful about kissing my husband and kids. I think it was kind of crazy for her to even ask, but I guess everyone is different.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:15 PM

No, I don't get them. I would've thrown it out too. I'm not super anti-germ, but I don't want to start getting cold sores because I shared a drink with a friend.

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Cold sores can be contagious, so I don't blame you. Though my husband does not get them, i do, and it never seems to affect him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicolemead91
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:16 PM

ok cool so im not crazy! lol

anlei05
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I would have done the same thing. And no, I have never had one.

mistie900
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I get them, they suck. I don't drink after anyone though. It grosses me out. I don't even like to drink after my DF, even if I don't have one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:18 PM
I've never had one. Neither had DH. We don't share with other people... Gross.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I get cold sores and I wouldnt have shared or drank it after someone with one drank from my drink. I wont kiss my kids or husband when I have one because I dont want them to get the virus. My 12 year old gets them too (the only one out of my 5 kids) i hope over time she wont get them as bad right now she gets them if shes sick or in the sun too much.

shabbalaquita
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:18 PM
I would've done the same thing. And don't worry about being bashed. Your way of thinking is pretty common...they are gross... And contagious.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured