Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why did you choose to have an abortion?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:18 PM
  • 32 Replies
No bashing from others please. I am honestly curious. Personally I could not do it. So, I have to ask.. Why did you do it? Why didnt you choose a family to adopt instead?

I appologize to anyone who might be offended by this post. If youre not comfortable talking about it then I completely understand.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I was raped. 

cRystienah
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Im so sorry that happen to you hun.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was raped. 

jojo_star
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I was 16, I had a child, I was an alcoholic, and having another child wasn't an option for me. I didn't want another child, so I had an abortion, and I've never had a single regret, I got my life together, and straightened up, something I couldn't have done had I had another kid. It was the best choice for me, and I'm thankful every single day that I was able to abort. 

cRystienah
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Im glad you were able to get your life together. Did you ever look into adoption though? What made you decide to abort instead? If you dont mind me asking..

Quoting jojo_star:

I was 16, I had a child, I was an alcoholic, and having another child wasn't an option for me. I didn't want another child, so I had an abortion, and I've never had a single regret, I got my life together, and straightened up, something I couldn't have done had I had another kid. It was the best choice for me, and I'm thankful every single day that I was able to abort. 

jojo_star
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I thought about adoption for maybe half a minute. I didn't want to go through a pregnancy and then give the baby up, I didn't want to put my son through that, because he was old enough to have noticed, and, I was worried about FAS. I had drunk, frequently and heavily, both before getting pregnant and during those few weeks I was pregnant. I also didn't know who the father was (I slept around a lot, it's a miracle that I didn't get any STI's along with getting pregnant) so I had no idea how the legalities of that would work if I had done adoption. I was just really messed up, and couldn't handle that. 

Quoting cRystienah:

Im glad you were able to get your life together. Did you ever look into adoption though? What made you decide to abort instead? If you dont mind me asking..

Quoting jojo_star:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:30 PM
I've had two. The first I was 19. My boyfriend was a real winner and I'd had a very traumatic teenage life. Left home at 14, drugs, alcohol and prostitution. My life was a mess.

Two years later things weren't much better. I was a stripper and a coke head. I drank daily. The dad was just a guy I hooked up with. Because of the lifestyle my period was not strong and I had no idea I was pregnant for a couple months. I had a 3rd month abortion. There was no doubt in my mind I'd done damage to the fetus.

I'm not proud of myself. I wish I'd made better choices but I was a damaged soul looking for love in all the wrong places. Now I am 37, have a nursing job, a baby and am getting married this year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:33 PM

My sister got pregnant and was a single, divorced mom.  She had to have a cerclage to carry her only child because of an incompetent cervix.  She was on bedrest for a good portion of the pregnancy.  Knowing that she is now single and works, the ability to support and care for her child alone on bedrest was not something she felt that she could accomplish.  She decided to have the abortion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:33 PM
I was 17 and with an abusive ass, but it was young dumb ignorant "love" and I told him. He threw me down some stairs in hopes of "killing the thing". I promptly set up an appointment. I couldn't stand the thought of dealing with that POS for a lifetime, between court orders, non paid child support, visitations, all while he didn't even want the child. By the time I would have delivered, the "father" (for lack of a better term) was incarcerated on different charges, where he remained for 7 years. In the end, no it's not a decision I'm proud of, hell I'm not even proud of that relationship, but looking back, I know it was the better decision.
cRystienah
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:34 PM
I understand. Im glad you did what was best for you and your son.

Quoting jojo_star:

I thought about adoption for maybe half a minute. I didn't want to go through a pregnancy and then give the baby up, I didn't want to put my son through that, because he was old enough to have noticed, and, I was worried about FAS. I had drunk, frequently and heavily, both before getting pregnant and during those few weeks I was pregnant. I also didn't know who the father was (I slept around a lot, it's a miracle that I didn't get any STI's along with getting pregnant) so I had no idea how the legalities of that would work if I had done adoption. I was just really messed up, and couldn't handle that. 

Quoting cRystienah:

Quoting jojo_star:

cRystienah
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Oh wow, Im so sorry you had to go through all of that :/

Quoting Anonymous:

I was 17 and with an abusive ass, but it was young dumb ignorant "love" and I told him. He threw me down some stairs in hopes of "killing the thing". I promptly set up an appointment. I couldn't stand the thought of dealing with that POS for a lifetime, between court orders, non paid child support, visitations, all while he didn't even want the child. By the time I would have delivered, the "father" (for lack of a better term) was incarcerated on different charges, where he remained for 7 years. In the end, no it's not a decision I'm proud of, hell I'm not even proud of that relationship, but looking back, I know it was the better decision.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)