Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

7 thing we should be telling our sons

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:13 PM
  • 13 Replies
3 moms liked this

Seven Things We Must Tell Our Sons

1.  He can still be strong and cry:  He needs to know that he can still be seen as strong but let his emotions show too.  There is nothing wrong with crying and there is safety and comfort within your arms when he needs it. 

2. You love him no matter what:  Let him know that you love and accept him.  Boys need to know, starting from a young age, that they have this from their parents.  Tell him that you love him with words and actions even when he has behaved "badly".  You are the first example of true acceptance for who he is...no matter what.

3. You are amazing:  He needs to hear that if you had a choice out of all the boys in the world that you would choose him.  Let him know that he is enough.  He may try to spend his life trying to prove his value in all different areas he thinks give him value but if you let him know that him just being him is enough then he will know he is amazing.

4. Pink is not a "girl" color:  Pink is just a color and if he likes it that is ok, it doesn't mean that he is "girly" or any less masculine.  So if he wants that pink shirt, ball or toothbrush that is ok.  If it doesn't matter to him then it doesn't matter to you either...and it shouldn't matter to anyone else.

5. Play, Draw, Paint, Create:  Sports are not the only things that boys can do.  He has a vast imagination that can create anything.  Get out there and don't be afraid to express himself!  Creating art lends great insight to an ever moving journey and encourages his individuality and expression.  Go ahead, experiment!

6. Always keep moving forward:  There are going to be times in his life when he feels stuck or feels like he has been pushed back.  Don't let that stop him.  Keep moving forward and know that if he ever needs a hand to help him out to that next step he will always have yours.

7.  You are Superman:  And with that he has the power to change the world.  He needs to know that he is his own superhero and that nothing other than himself can hold him back.  He is strong, he is intelligent and he can do anything, even if he needs your help (and let him know that he will always have it).

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blues_pagan
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:18 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I do tell my son those things

happymommy2b90
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Love this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessMomOf9
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I tell all 5 of my sons that, and the 2 eldest (24, and almost 23) are amazing thanks to being made to believe that about themselves.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:23 PM
I have to show this to hubby. Last night he told my son there was lube in the shower if he needs it. Smh
blues_pagan
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:30 PM

LOL please feel free to print it off and let him read it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have to show this to hubby. Last night he told my son there was lube in the shower if he needs it. Smh

blues_pagan
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:08 PM

BUMP!

blues_pagan
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:16 PM

BUMP!

bullemhead
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Well said blues_pagan.....well said.

blues_pagan
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you :)

Quoting bullemhead:

Well said blues_pagan.....well said.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN