Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those on PA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
What do you think is rich? And how do you feel about those people?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Bump
ladyvamp5489
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:23 PM

To me, rich is any income over $50k a yr.  BUT i guess it would depend on how many ppl u support and where u live.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Can I ask why you feel that way?

I ask because we make around 70k per year and we are not even close to being rich. $6000 a month goes fast when you have debt.

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

To me, rich is any income over $50k a yr.  BUT i guess it would depend on how many ppl u support and where u live.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

For me, in my life, in the area where I live, $40K a year would be HUGE. I make a little under $20K now and we do quite well; we are not on PA, we pay all our bills and have plenty leftover, and we even own a home. We have zero debt. So if I were to double my pay we would be rolling in money! We wouldn't even know what to do with it all!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:33 PM
I don't think of them. They are people just like everyone else.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:33 PM
I'm not on PA but my idea of rich is over 400,000/ year. We make close to 100,000/ year but everyone assumes we are rich which is ridiculous. Just because someone makes more money than you doesn't mean they are rich.
ladyvamp5489
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Cuz we get by on less than $2700 a month with 3 kids and 2 dogs. We are not on FS but we do have state medical. Its tough but we make it work. My dh works FT and im disabled. What we could do with some extra money. We could buy our kids new clothes and more fresh foods.

Quoting Anonymous:

I ask because we make around 70k per year and we are not even close to being rich. $6000 a month goes fast when you have debt.

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Yep

It just means they pay more in taxes and might even have less spendable income than you do.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not on PA but my idea of rich is over 400,000/ year. We make close to 100,000/ year but everyone assumes we are rich which is ridiculous. Just because someone makes more money than you doesn't mean they are rich.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:37 PM

It depends. the cost of living make a big impact on what is consider rich. I would say $200k  and above is what i consider rich

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Well, there ya go.

We pay over 1K in insurance premiums each month...and that doesn't include deductibles, coinsurance, meds, etc.

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

Cuz we get by on less than $2700 a month with 3 kids and 2 dogs. We are not on FS but we do have state medical. Its tough but we make it work. My dh works FT and im disabled. What we could do with some extra money. We could buy our kids new clothes and more fresh foods.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)