Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Induced Birth Poll

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:28 PM
  • 51 Replies

Poll

Question: I was induced, it ended with

Options:

an emergency c section

a vaginal delivery

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 72

View Results

Everyone I know who has been induced all ended up having emergency c -sections, I was wondering what is more common.  

EDIT  I guess I should have been more specific, I was talking about induction with a pitocin drip. 

“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.” ~Bob Marley
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rebecca.n
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:29 PM

I was induced and delivered 18 hours later.

toopicky429
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Induced twice, and had two vaginal deliveries without any complications. I was a couple days under 42 weeks with both.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Induced and had an emergency c-section due to fetal distress.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:30 PM

They broke my water and she was a vag birth 3 hours later

pinkdaisy8864
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I was induced and had my baby out of my vagina :D

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I was "induced" with my 2nd I use the quotes bc I was in labor and they just wanted to control things. They never took me off the lowest dose bc my water broke before they could. I hbirth animal birth. My first was also vaginal without induction and th 3rd was at home.

I do know several woman induced that had c sections. Most were first time moms which ups your risk by 50%. It's also more risky to be induced without any signs of labor vs "stalling" or coming in a 4 and using pit. There are a lot of factors but over all pit makes labor harder on mom and  baby which leads to the causes for c section.

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I was induced and had an emergency c-section... mine was not a typical reason though. Our dd Kahlan stopped moving, so when I got to L&D when my OB sent me, they hooked me up and she was already gone. They induced me and after 3 days of no progression and my body shutting down, I had an emergency c-section. I was 36 weeks. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

DonnaNoble
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:31 PM
My induction ended in a voluntary c-section.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:32 PM
First pregnancy was an induced/c-section.
mnivis01
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Neither. They broke my water at around 10am and I had my DS at 235pm.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)