Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poll

Question: I was induced, it ended with

Options:

an emergency c section

a vaginal delivery

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 72

View Results

Everyone I know who has been induced all ended up having emergency c -sections, I was wondering what is more common.  

EDIT  I guess I should have been more specific, I was talking about induction with a pitocin drip. 

“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.” ~Bob Marley
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Was induced twice, both vaginal deliveries.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Wasn't induced but want to see the results...can you add that option to the poll?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:34 PM
A vaginal delivery. Although, I sometimes wonder if a csection would have been better. I was in labor for almost two days and had a fever and some other complications that included a uterine infection.
I had a planned csection with my
Second.
*edit* I was induced due to preeclampsia.
(with pitocin) I also don't know why it's anon, lol. I must have hit the button on accident.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyMommy24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:34 PM
I was induced twice, both vaginal births. My friend on the other hand was induced and ended up with a csection.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2hadley
by Heather on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:34 PM
I was induced and had to have an emergency c-section due to fetal distress.
MallorysMom07
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I was induced due to complicated pregnancy and her heart rate had dropped at my doctor visit. I was only in labor 7 hours when she was born. I was lucky when they went to induce me i was already 100% effaced and 3 cm, so she would have been born any day.

.Nobody.
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Vaginal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I have been induced twice and have had two vaginal deliveries. I think most often the cause of the 'emergency' c-section is not because of medical needs but hte preferences of the doctors/nurses.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:35 PM
No induction water broke 9&1/2 hours of labor vaginal delivery
2nd baby 2 & 1/2 hours again no induction
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:36 PM
I was induced with DS.
I was 0cm when I came in, got cervadil inserted for 12 hours and then some gel at 8am and had him vaginally at 3 something pm that day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN