Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poll

Question: I was induced, it ended with

Options:

an emergency c section

a vaginal delivery

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 72

View Results

Everyone I know who has been induced all ended up having emergency c -sections, I was wondering what is more common.  

EDIT  I guess I should have been more specific, I was talking about induction with a pitocin drip. 

“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.” ~Bob Marley
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Replies (21-30):
Lynette
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Induction increases risk of induction by 50%!  The induction drugs make labor much harder on baby leading to complications like fetal distress.  It's hard on the woman as well.  If baby and mom are not ready the body is not going to want to dilate.You can google for more risks.   

If you want to know more watch Business of Being Born(currently on Netflix and you can probably find it online too).

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I was induced with my first at 39wk1day I was 0cm and 0 effaced. Was in labor for 28hrs and it ended with a vaginal delievery. Honestly I am the only person I know who has been induced and ended with a vaginal delievery everyone else ended up with a csection, most went less time then I did. Guess I should be thankful my dr was sleeping or he might have too lol. He came in 30 sec before she came out and I had pushed for 3 1/2 hrs and you could tell he had been sleeping too.

ladyvamp5489
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I have had both. 2 c-cections, both emergency.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:37 PM
I had pitocin and had a vaginal delivery.
JessMomOf9
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:37 PM
I wasn't induced. I went into vaginal births wit all my children naturally.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
smalltowngal
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Induced. Both were vaginal  deliveries but first was a nightmare. Contractions with no progression for 12 hours and very painful and then went from less than 3 to her being out in less than 20 minutes. :/ 

ALXtheg8
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Induced, delivered 12 hours later.
Seashell77
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I was in labor 24 hours and only 6 Cm's dilated when I was induced.  I delivered vaginally about 12 hours later. Now I was age 30 and low risk, so I think that's why they allowed me to go that long. When he was born he had big problems breathing and needed to be in the NICU for a couple days. He was fully being monitored while I was in labor and nothing unusual was detected before he was born, so the hospital didn't do anything wrong in my opinion. Thank God my son wasn't born with any lasting disability and has been a normal healthy kid. If he had been in any danger I would have gladly had a C-section.

kidlover2
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:39 PM
I went in to labor naturally, not progressing "fast enough" for the doctor, was given pitocin at 8 cm dilated. lucky for me, my body did its thing and my dd was delivered 15 minutes later.
pamelax3
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I was induced and 20 hrs later was having an emergency c-section

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN