Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poll

Question: I was induced, it ended with

Options:

an emergency c section

a vaginal delivery

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 72

View Results

Everyone I know who has been induced all ended up having emergency c -sections, I was wondering what is more common.  

EDIT  I guess I should have been more specific, I was talking about induction with a pitocin drip. 

“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.” ~Bob Marley
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Replies (41-50):
Ashley_Carlson
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I was induced with a pitocin drip and gave birth 8 hours later. Though, I was already in early labor, they just had to speed it up because DD was in distress.

zoeysannsmom
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:46 PM

My doctor wanted to do a c-section but I wanted to at least try after 20hours after my water broke  my girl was 9lbs 10oz 2nd was repeat c-section he was a week early and he was 9lbs 6 oz and my baby girl was 8lbs 10oz

raefmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:47 PM

First time water broke but labor wasn't where it should be. I was put on the pitocin drip. And within 30 minutes he was out. 

Second child, water broek but labor wasn't where it should be. I was put on the pitocin drip. Had to have the epi because he was going into distress. He was delivered right vaginally right before they were going to give me a c-section. If he hadn't come when he did, they were prepping an OR. 

Third child, I was induced due to health concerns with her and me. They started the drip. 5 hours of nothing, they broke my water and went from 2cm to baby being born in 15 minutes. The doctor and nurses barely had time to set up and the doctor almost dropped her. 

Kara242
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:48 PM

induced 3x's, vaginal delivery  x's3

xomrsweaver
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:48 PM

emergency csection.

I was in labor for a 36 hrs. Fully dialated but baby wouldn't come. They told me my birth canal would collapse and I would have a tear through my anus if I had her vaginally because I'm too narrow. I tried for a VBAC and the newer Dr. told me I was too narrow for that too so I don't think the Pitocin had anything to do with the fact that I had a cesarean. 

ToolArmy066
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:51 PM
I was induced, the doctor just broke my water though no pitocen and it was vaginal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:53 PM

It trickled and yeah for a second I thought pee. I mean there's a baby on your bladder so it could happen. Then my heart started pounded and I was like there's no way that was pee. So we went to the hospital and there was no more coming out and they wanted to make sure it wasn't just pee. So they had me walk around and after awhile more came out then it stopped. So they called in my OB and he checked. My son's foot kept plugging the hole lol.

Quoting Luna091306:

Exact same situations as me. :) When your water broke did it burst or just trickle? I just had a trickle. It took me about 30 mins to realize my water actually broke and I didn't just pee on myself. lol I was dilated to a 3 when I arrived at the hospital but wasn't having any contractions.

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Induced with first had a vaginal delivery. Was given pitocin with the second one when my contractions didn't start after my water broke, they gave me some time to see if they would start ended with a vaginal birth. 

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:54 PM
I was induced with two and had normal vaginal. Deliveries
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jojo_star
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I was induced with pitocin, cervical ripening, and amniotomy. It ended with a vaginal delivery. 

mich.el.le
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Idk if I'd call it an emergency cesarean, but it did end in a cesarean.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)