Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

stop calling my son names!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Yes, I yell at my son but I'm HIS MOM. HE KNOWS I LOVE HIM. You are NOT HIS DAD and he probably assumes you hate him! Especially when you say you can't "trust" him and call him a punk because even though he's been good with hitting for months, you throw it in his face like he's grown! I cannot take this! Take YOUR SON that I'm also a mom to, I'll take MY son and lets separate! I am not going to allow this behavior!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
Jessy76
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:46 PM

What makes you think he wont treat your younger son like this eventually as well? I would take them both and hash it out in court if he is that big of an A$$.

Quoting Anonymous:

You can't honestly think his behavior is acceptable and good for my son to be around.

Quoting Aleta775:

Wait wait. So you have two kids by two different dads, and you would give one of them up because of a disagreement? Am I reading that right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:47 PM
He won't allow it. This man has resources. His best friend is a lawyer, his family is nuts, etc. He'll come after me and he won't stop.

Quoting agrisham13mom:

How about you grow a back bone, put on your big girl panties, take BOTH of your children and leave!!! See it is really simple if you think about it...
jj4ij
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Gee, I assumed the other was her step son.  OP, you do know that as the childrens mother, if you are leaving because he is abusing your son, you can take both kids.  Actually you don't need a reason, If you are leaving then you just take your kids.  He can go to court for visitation or shared custody, leave that up to a judge.  SMH.

blues_pagan
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Actually yelling at your son isn't going to help him with trust.  If he can't trust you to stay level and keep a level tone then how can he trust anyone else?  

And the simple fact that you have a "your" son (who you are a mother to) and a "my" son simply shows that you are not a good mother.

Aleta775
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Well that might be, but since he does love his son so much, you ARE gambling. If he loves his son THAT much, he might take you up on the offer and take the baby when he leaves. The fact that you would even entertain the idea is fucked up to me. You should want BOTH of them without cutting any fucking bizarre deals with him.

I get it that he is not nice to your oldest, I get it. But you also sound like you are playing favorites as much as your SO or you wouldn't even be dreaming of playing this kind of game.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its not gambling. he treats his bio son like the sun shines out of his butt. You should see it. Its sickening the difference in how he treats them.

Quoting Aleta775:

Sooooo, you are willing to gamble with your youngest to protect the oldest? You are fucked up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I would. my oldest has been through SO much already and I don't want any more damage done. it sounds messed up but he uses the baby as a tool to make me stay. If I leave the baby with him, he'll give him back to me anyway.

Quoting Aleta775:

Wait wait. So you have two kids by two different dads, and you would give one of them up because of a disagreement? Am I reading that right?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alisheamonet33
by Alishea on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:50 PM

i understanding how you feel but instead tell him pack up his things and go ! you raise both of your kids

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:50 PM
DH is the one telling my 5yo he can't trust him.

They are both my sons and I love them equally.

The one who needs protecting needs me more. Youngest son is never treated poorly. I'm here every day. I know.

Quoting blues_pagan:

Actually yelling at your son isn't going to help him with trust.  If he can't trust you to stay level and keep a level tone then how can he trust anyone else?  

And the simple fact that you have a "your" son (who you are a mother to) and a "my" son simply shows that you are not a good mother.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:50 PM
It sounds like you are favoring your oldest just as he is favoring his bio son. Why is what you are proposing any better than what he has been doing? Your youngest will feel less important to you just as your oldest likely feels with step-dad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:52 PM
I actually have a better bond with my younger son. Honest. I am just angry and want out.

Quoting Aleta775:

Well that might be, but since he does love his son so much, you ARE gambling. If he loves his son THAT much, he might take you up on the offer and take the baby when he leaves. The fact that you would even entertain the idea is fucked up to me. You should want BOTH of them without cutting any fucking bizarre deals with him.

I get it that he is not nice to your oldest, I get it. But you also sound like you are playing favorites as much as your SO or you wouldn't even be dreaming of playing this kind of game.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its not gambling. he treats his bio son like the sun shines out of his butt. You should see it. Its sickening the difference in how he treats them.

Quoting Aleta775:

Sooooo, you are willing to gamble with your youngest to protect the oldest? You are fucked up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I would. my oldest has been through SO much already and I don't want any more damage done. it sounds messed up but he uses the baby as a tool to make me stay. If I leave the baby with him, he'll give him back to me anyway.

Quoting Aleta775:

jj4ij
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Just read one of your replies.  As far as the lawyer, if you go to court, you can tell the judge that his lawyer is a close friend and will be impartial.  They will take that into consideration.  There is NO reason for you to leave your child, even to protect another.  Go to a social worker, abuse program, they will help you with a place to be safe if his family is crazy. 

I understand you, I am now in the process of moving 5 hours away to get away from my sons father.  One of the reasons is because his family is crazy.  I get it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)