Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

stop calling my son names!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Yes, I yell at my son but I'm HIS MOM. HE KNOWS I LOVE HIM. You are NOT HIS DAD and he probably assumes you hate him! Especially when you say you can't "trust" him and call him a punk because even though he's been good with hitting for months, you throw it in his face like he's grown! I cannot take this! Take YOUR SON that I'm also a mom to, I'll take MY son and lets separate! I am not going to allow this behavior!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Replies (31-40):
Aleta775
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:02 PM
You made a choice to have two children. They deserve every ounce of energy you can muster to fight for their well being.

Quoting Anonymous:

I fight everyday and I'm so tired.

Quoting Aleta775:

You fight, you big pussy! FIGHT!!!!!!!

Sorry, I know I'm getting carried away.

Quoting Anonymous:

Come be a fly on the wall here and soon you'll see what I'm talking about. I just "vented" to DH about thus and it didn't end well. Of course I want both my kids but I don't know what else to do.

Quoting blues_pagan:

The wording of your post is simply horrible.  Really, words here speak much louder than you may think.  and the words here just say crappy mother to me.  Instead of venting about it here why not confront the guy doing this to your son.  It is verbal abuse and it seems you just let it happen.

And sorry, if he is verbally abusing one son what is going to stop him from doing it to the other when he steps our of line.  

Once again, you sound like a poor mother.

Quoting Anonymous:

DH is the one telling my 5yo he can't trust him.

They are both my sons and I love them equally.

The one who needs protecting needs me more. Youngest son is never treated poorly. I'm here every day. I know.

Quoting blues_pagan:

Actually yelling at your son isn't going to help him with trust.  If he can't trust you to stay level and keep a level tone then how can he trust anyone else?  

And the simple fact that you have a "your" son (who you are a mother to) and a "my" son simply shows that you are not a good mother.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:02 PM
I don't yell. He blows up. I talk calmly and he gets defensive and BOOM.

Quoting marie2409:

Have you tried actual grown up conversations? Not venting, not yelling. Sounds like you both have some anger issues, a lot of yelling and tension in your house I imagine.

Quoting Anonymous:

Come be a fly on the wall here and soon you'll see what I'm talking about. I just "vented" to DH about thus and it didn't end well. Of course I want both my kids but I don't know what else to do.

Quoting blues_pagan:

The wording of your post is simply horrible.  Really, words here speak much louder than you may think.  and the words here just say crappy mother to me.  Instead of venting about it here why not confront the guy doing this to your son.  It is verbal abuse and it seems you just let it happen.

And sorry, if he is verbally abusing one son what is going to stop him from doing it to the other when he steps our of line.  

Quoting Anonymous:

The one who needs protecting needs me more. Youngest son is never treated poorly. I'm here every day. I know.

Quoting blues_pagan:

Actually yelling at your son isn't going to help him with trust.  If he can't trust you to stay level and keep a level tone then how can he trust anyone else?  

And the simple fact that you have a "your" son (who you are a mother to) and a "my" son simply shows that you are not a good mother.

blues_pagan
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:05 PM

You woman up and take them both.  Did you stop to think that your other son will wonder why you loved his brother more than him since you didn't take them both.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Laronda367
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:06 PM

okay but dont mistreat your baby cuz you got a dumb ass dude mistreaten your oldest you need to take both of your kids and ditch his ass and what you need to understand is aint no man gonna treat a kid that is not biologically his like his own and all perfect it just dont happen girl! im sorry to say but do not be evil and give up your baby cause he is retarded be a real mother a real woman you gave life and birth to both of those babies fuck him take whats yours which is BOTH kids and kick his sorry ass to the curb. period point blank...

marie2409
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:07 PM
So it's all his fault? Not trying to bash or argue, just trying to understand. Do you and him communicate well otherwise? Are all disagreements hostile?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting marie2409:

Have you tried actual grown up conversations? Not venting, not yelling. Sounds like you both have some anger issues, a lot of yelling and tension in your house I imagine.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Not all his fault. Yea. Hostile at least. it gets bad and it's always him blowing up. I know how to communicate. He doesn't.

Quoting marie2409:

So it's all his fault? Not trying to bash or argue, just trying to understand. Do you and him communicate well otherwise? Are all disagreements hostile?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting marie2409:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Laronda367
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Leave him but please keep both of your kids you are not fixing a problem by only taking one you are causing a bigger future problem you just got to understand when you have kids from a previous relationship its not easy for new spouses to just fall deep in love with your kids like they are there's because they are not they will never be as much as you want to think that your child does not look like them act like them they are not gonna have the patience or the parental bond that a biological parent would have that is why it is best to date and marry i feel once your kids are grown and big..

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:14 PM
No I didn't and it would tear me apart because my bond with toddler is stronger. I just am lost.

Quoting blues_pagan:

You woman up and take them both.  Did you stop to think that your other son will wonder why you loved his brother more than him since you didn't take them both.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:16 PM
I get it but we've been together four years now. since my oldest was a little less than two years old. That's ample time to figure out his emotions.

Quoting Laronda367:

Leave him but please keep both of your kids you are not fixing a problem by only taking one you are causing a bigger future problem you just got to understand when you have kids from a previous relationship its not easy for new spouses to just fall deep in love with your kids like they are there's because they are not they will never be as much as you want to think that your child does not look like them act like them they are not gonna have the patience or the parental bond that a biological parent would have that is why it is best to date and marry i feel once your kids are grown and big..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:18 PM

You say you dont know what to do let me tell you what you should do

you put your big girl pants on grab your KIDS and leave i dont give a rats ass if he treats one better than the other take your blinders off and wake up !  You are a mother to 2 kids not one ! .

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)