Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can I refuse

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
To have a c~section? Im 34 weeks along ,and I dont want a repeat. My doc say I might as well plan on it because my baby hasnt turned down yet :(.. So my question is if my baby turns and they still want to do a c~section can I refuse ? Can they do it with out my consent?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:45 PM
You can do anything you want. You don't have to consent to anything you don't want.
M0M0F03
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:46 PM

You can, but the Dr might make you see someone else.

504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:46 PM
They can't do it without your consent but they can refuse to deliver your baby at that hospital.

The hospital I had my second child at had a no vbac policy. Actually all the hospitals in the county had that policy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Iowa
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:47 PM
I don't think that they can force you to do ANY medical proceedure without your consent. They will make you sign an AMA ( against medical advice) but you should be able to say no. Good luck! I hope everything goes ok! And congrats on your soon to be baby!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cupcake_mom
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:49 PM

idk but here is a bump

Nynnie
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Congrats on ur baby, hope they turn around and I don't think the dr would say u have to have a c-section if u didn't really need one. I saw another post where it was not safe for the baby or the mom to not have a c-section and they said the dr said he was going to call the police on her if she didn't come in for it. I would just want to do what is safe for the baby, good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zoeysannsmom
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Do they offer V-backs? My county doesn't so I have had 2 repeats a total of 3 c-sections the 2nd and 3rd went a lot smother than the first . You can find a midwife I think that some of them will do them 

pbjtime87
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:00 PM
If your doctor planned on a vbac then your doctor should honor that UNESS your doctor feels that it would be considered dangerous to proceed with that plan. I'd wait till week 39 to make that decision.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:02 PM
They can't force you against your will to have a c section but they can refuse to deliver a breach baby. If he turns down and your hospital does vbacs I see no reason why they wouldn't do that.
BeAmour
by Tonya on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Yep but the doctor can choose to no longer have you as a patient and to find another OB so far along will be Hell.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)