Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The mother I want to be won the lottery

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
2 moms liked this
That's right. I want to be a stay at home mother who homeschools her children and makes organic meals three times a day. I want to be the mother that never misses a practice or game.

Instead, I'm the mother that has to work all the time to put a roof over our heads. I have to ask family for help raising my children so I can go to work to support them. I'm the mother that has to miss half of the practices because I'm at work. I'm the mother that sends her children to public school and rarely gets the chance to go on field trips.

I'm a single mom. I'm doing my best with what I've got. I'm praying that despite my absence from my children's lives they will grow up strong and they will respect me.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2zbg
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I'm sure they will grow up with more respect than you can imagine.

kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:55 PM
They will respect and appreciate you 100X more for everything you have done for them. My mom did the same, and I just hope that I am/will be half the woman and mother she was/is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:55 PM
I did, and do all if this as a single mom of four, and I never won the lottery. I know many who do, and never win a dime. It's YOUR life-make it happen. Homeschoolers are generally not wealthy, just have strong conviction. I worked, homeschooled, had no help from family. It can be done. I promise.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:58 PM
If you're a single mom you must have been getting child support or something to sustain your family.

I could not live off child support alone. I have to work in order to pay my bills. I couldn't afford to stay at home unless I won the lottery or found a man to support me doing that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I did, and do all if this as a single mom of four, and I never won the lottery. I know many who do, and never win a dime. It's YOUR life-make it happen. Homeschoolers are generally not wealthy, just have strong conviction. I worked, homeschooled, had no help from family. It can be done. I promise.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:02 PM
I did get support, not enough for crap tho. And no, I never had help or assistance. I worked, and very hard. I lived in an expensive area, worked literally every second I could when not needed at home, also worked from home doing personal assisting and editing work for realtors, as well as web design. I budgeted and did fine. Not rich, but I found a way to accomplish it.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you're a single mom you must have been getting child support or something to sustain your family.

I could not live off child support alone. I have to work in order to pay my bills. I couldn't afford to stay at home unless I won the lottery or found a man to support me doing that.

Quoting Anonymous:

mommyspalace
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Right there with u hon it takes a village hon
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:02 PM

:'(   the grass  always seems greener on the other side, Just keep in mind its often fertilized with bullshit.

Not for everyone

krissy920
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:05 PM
All you can do is try. I was adopted by a single mother, she worked her butt off to give us what we need. Holidays were often not on the actual day, sometimes she missed practice..I didnt think much of it as a kid, but as an adult I see she worked a lot of miracles to make us happy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Amen!

Quoting brettsmomma:

:'(   the grass  always seems greener on the other side, Just keep in mind its often fertilized with bullshit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:06 PM
The lottery? I'm confused....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)