Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well I guess I am a SAHM now...Edit!

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:03 PM
  • 17 Replies

The company I worked for sold Monday and neither me or my employees were retained by the new company.  I was given a descent severance package of $20k, but I am so bummed.  I have been there for 5 years and it all feels like it was for nothing.  Thankfully I have plenty of irons in the fire and I don't think it will take me long to find something else.  I just can't stop crying.  It's not even about the financial aspect, we are going to be fine.  I can't help but take it personally. 

Reservation for Pity, party of one...

Update!

Well I already have 2 interviews lined up for this week.  Starting to feel a little better!  Wish me luck!

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
all2gethernow
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry girl, keep your chin up:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

((hugs))

Lovemyshadows
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck finding a new job

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Im sorry I understand how something like that can hurt regardless

ittyprincess604
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Sorry to hear that!! I hope you find something else, if not enjoy time with your babies!
Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll find something else.  I am not really worried about it.  I was offered a job but it was a 50k pay cut per year.  I can do it, but I don't want to have to, KWIM?

Quoting ittyprincess604:

Sorry to hear that!! I hope you find something else, if not enjoy time with your babies!

AleaKat
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Aw! I was laid off too after 3 1/2 years.
It took a while to set in.
On the up side I'd been working 12 hr night shift, even on my days off I was exhausted and my appetite was way off. I was a zombie!

A month after the lay off I finally started feeling human again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aleta775
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Gosh, I'm sorry. I know how you feel though. Me and my dh got laid off at the same time. We didn't get any kind of severance because the company was going under. Talk about wanting to crap your pants! It was a low blow though, because stupid decisions were made that caused the whole mess. It could have been avoided, and years of financial misery could have been avoided for us. It took us awhile to find new jobs, we got behind on everything in the mean time. It took years for us to have financial stability again, and all because of some inflated egos.
Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:11 PM

That would be horrific!  Glad that you were able to pull through!

Quoting Aleta775:

Gosh, I'm sorry. I know how you feel though. Me and my dh got laid off at the same time. We didn't get any kind of severance because the company was going under. Talk about wanting to crap your pants! It was a low blow though, because stupid decisions were made that caused the whole mess. It could have been avoided, and years of financial misery could have been avoided for us. It took us awhile to find new jobs, we got behind on everything in the mean time. It took years for us to have financial stability again, and all because of some inflated egos.

fraujones
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:14 PM

:( I can see why you feel like that. I hope you find something even better. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)