Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do you vacation?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:07 PM
  • 54 Replies

So DH and I are thinking of going on a nice vacation this summer.We will be moving soon and all this other stuff is going on,so we decided we wanted to get away,far away. We want to totally go outside of our comfort zone. We have been looking at places like Istanbul for instance. Anyone have any recommendations? I think Istanbul might be out of the question though,I heard there is no English speaking there at all,I'll have to investigate more...anyway; where have you gone outside of the US that you love? I need ideas.:)

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I have been to the Bahamas and loved it. Of course that was on a trip with the scouts and we lived on the boat. But the overall experience was great. We got to visit the non-tourist side of the islands. 

I have also been to Canada. But then again part of it was to help a girl move there. And because we could legally drink at 19. All of us were 19 at the time. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

We will be vacationing in our backyard this year.  We just bought a new house so no vacation for us for the next few years. 

With that being said I have lived in England, Germany, and on the island of Crete.  I loved them all and if I could visit anyone of them again I would go back to Crete.  The history on the island and the surrounding islands is amazing and there was still things that I did not get to see while we lived there. I visited Ankara, Turkey and I visited Spain. 

We went on a cruise to the Bahamas for our 20th wedding anniversary and we went to Las Vegas Nevada for our 18th anniversary. 

inspain
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Cuba is great, but it's a bit steamy in the summer.  Little Corn Island, Nicaragua, is nice too.  Or San Andreas, off Colombia.  

Barcelona, Spain is great, but pricey.  It's going to be a hot summer everywhere. Greece is always nice and prices are pretty decent right now.  If you really are thinking Istambul, it should be pretty nice.  My BIL and SIL go every August, to visit her family.  

Sweetest_Britt
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Disney World for sure! :D We can not get enough of that place. Went in 2011, 2012, and next trip will be in 2014. We're paying off the car, paying for braces, and have just paid off the credit card! Trying to get all ducks in a row : )

garnet83
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:14 PM

We go on cruises with my parents because they have VIP privileges with Carnival. This year we will go to Nassau, Grand Turk, and Half Moon Cay. We have been to all these places before and I'm really excited because Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay are my favorite cruise destinations that I've been to so far and my kids have such a good time.

tab022308
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:16 PM

BRAZIL

Caspriel
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:16 PM

My mil has a house in the bahamas, Actually she is there right now for the whole month of March(Nice to be her lol) I never been there,but hear nice things about it.

I went to Canada with my drill team when I was about 14,I really cant remember much though,that was over 25 years ago.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have been to the Bahamas and loved it. Of course that was on a trip with the scouts and we lived on the boat. But the overall experience was great. We got to visit the non-tourist side of the islands. 

I have also been to Canada. But then again part of it was to help a girl move there. And because we could legally drink at 19. All of us were 19 at the time. 

TeamTARDIS
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:17 PM
We go all over. This past time with DS we went to England and Spain.
We go to Europe a lot (Ireland, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium and Germany so far. We want to go to Croatia, Russia, Sweden and Portugal soon)
We have done a few tropical places (Bahamas, Bermuda, Dominican, Turks & Caicos and Jamaica. We want to go to Cuba whenever it gets opened up. My British cousin went for her honeymoon and the pictures were so beautiful)
We have also done some mission trips (Kenya, Nigeria, Botswana, Thailand and Dominican Republic. We really want to go back to Africa, travel more in south east Asia and see some of the middle east)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I always take my brats up to Mackinaw City- it's the northern most city in the LP of Michigan. Gorgeous area, nice and relaxing, with an island to visit, and a fun small town to explore.

countrymomma81
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Different spots. We don't want to be that family that vacations in the same spot every year. There is too much we want to see and do. 

We went to Florida last year, we are going to Branson this year and next year we are going to Galveson (Spring) and Gatlinburg (Fall). 

We just went on our first vacation last year so we haven't left the country yet. My kids are hesitant on flying so it might be until they are older that we travel internationally. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)