Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you laugh at yourself or do you take yourself very seriously?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:44 PM
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question: Are you able to laugh at yourself or do you hide your quirks and hope no one notices?

Options:

I make fun of myself all the time

I have a sense of humor about some things, but am insecure about others

I always try to hide my quirks

It's more fun to laugh at other people's quirks

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 17

View Results

We all have our little quirks and imperfections. I've found it's easier to just accept and laugh at them. As a result, other people are accepting of them too and we have good laughs. Here are mine...

I'm short and curvy and when people comment on how high my heels are, I tell them that short, curvy girls like to be able reach the top shelf just like everyone else and it's fun to pretend to be a super model.

I'm uncoordinated. I can play sports and I'm super athletic. But escalators are my cryptonite and I turn my ankle on the steps at church all the time. I usually throw in a "short" joke about how I don't have far to fall if I have a clumsy moment.

I'm terrified of the crabs at the beach. I swear one was chasing me once. They're creepy looking and they freak me out. I know that sound crazy but I admit it freely.

I struggle to drive in reverse. I can parallel park. And sometimes I do ok driving in reverse, but it's best for me to not attempt it.

I'm Hawaiian and sometimes people make hula jokes or jokes about if I eat pork and pineapple all the time. I tell them I have 4 pigs buried in my back yard right now, cooking and that they aren't invited to my luau this weekend (I live in NC which makes all this sound even more foolish).

Ok, those are mine.

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nataliesmom2012
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I'm hilarious.

garnet83
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:49 PM

LOL. I say that all the time. I tell DH "I was freaking hilarious right then. You should be laughing."

Quoting nataliesmom2012:

I'm hilarious.

mmpdrs07
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I honestly try to laugh at myself.  

Jessy76
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I am a total and complete dork and I fully embrace it. I have passed it onto my children and they embrace every bit of their own dorkiness as well. Life is so much more fun this way!

Jemmy
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:00 PM
I make fun of myself all the time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
garnet83
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Yeah me too. I love Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and every other dorky thing you can think of and I'm proud of it.

Quoting Jessy76:

I am a total and complete dork and I fully embrace it. I have passed it onto my children and they embrace every bit of their own dorkiness as well. Life is so much more fun this way!

EvilAsh
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I always poke fun at myself. My husband and I were actually debating something Star Wars related last night and I owned his face in showing him up... I realized I was sounded SUPER nerdy, so I slowly started trailing off and was like... yep. I'm a nerd. I realize that was the nerdiest crap I ever did or said in my life.  He said it's not. He said that was my Yoda and Evil Dead tattoos.

TheDoctorsWife
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:10 PM
I laugh at myself all the time
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MallorysMom07
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I have some weird quirks, thank goodness by husband loves me with them. I am also pretty OCD, I recognize my weird things and laugh about them. Luckily for me y husband laughs along with me and he has his own things that we laugh about too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I am a huge klutz, I have no grace. I fall, trip and usually land on my face. But on the up side I am pretty easy going and laugh it off. My DH has gotten to the point where he laughs too, it use to embarass him but after 15 years he is use to me. LOL!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured