Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easter baskets?? just curious question.

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:00 PM
  • 51 Replies

Do you do premade one?

Or do you make custom ones for your kids.

My girls are 2 and 5 , this year I getting small/med plastic tubs , like this   >>

The Im getting the pretty sticker letters and putting their names on each one. Then filling them with mostly toys and crafts and some candy (due to isses with my youngest teeth we dont do much candy in oour baskets).  of course im going to do easter colors but thats just to show what I ment . In stead of grass I use tissue paper or a cute blanket thrown in an arranged around to look cute .

But just curious to what others were doing.

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lmscm
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:06 PM
We have never bought a pre made one. We always make them ourselves.
MrsRinehart2010
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Quoting lmscm:

We have never bought a pre made one. We always make them ourselves.

we always have too, I mean occasionally when they are on sale after easter we buy them .. ( she thinks those are made for dads and moms lol). My girls still believe in the easter bunny lol. But we always make a easter basket for my husband because my oldest says its not fair the easter bunny dnt bring dad a basket, OH and because she doesnt want to share he candy with him lol

MrsCountryMama
by Beth on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:10 PM
I always make them I fill them with chalk, bubbles, small toys, and a little candy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dark_Horse
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:11 PM
I've always got pre made ones as a kid but I'm a crafty mom so no. I make them
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:11 PM

we make them....nothing fancy though.

HipLikeJunk
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I would never buy a premade one. I'm super snobby and superior in the regard, lol. I love putting the baskets together. Before I seperated from my ex, I used to get fake flowers and decorate the baskets, fill it with tons of goodies. I loved it. 

This year, we're dirt poor and they are getting dollar tree baskets and I can't afford the fake flowers or going all out, but I still enjoyed putting them together. :) 

MrsRinehart2010
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Quoting MrsCountryMama:

I always make them I fill them with chalk, bubbles, small toys, and a little candy.

lol Im the same way except this year Im putting a few bigger items due to the fact that we were displaced by a gas leak and all our stuff is is storage tll we get into our new place(waiting list becaue its a private place). so Im going our the normal this year because theyve done so well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I always make them make mine up, and I usually get contains that can be used- crates, sand buckets, even sun hats when the kids were younger. A few times, I did Easter specific baskets, but the kids always wanted to play with them and they would be trashed before they could be reused at all.

Brandyns87
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I make one. He's had the same basket since he was a baby, and I get things to put in it every year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I don't think that makes you snobby or superior. The premade ones are cheaply made crap, and way over priced plain and simple. 

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

I would never buy a premade one. I'm super snobby and superior in the regard, lol. I love putting the baskets together. Before I seperated from my ex, I used to get fake flowers and decorate the baskets, fill it with tons of goodies. I loved it. 

This year, we're dirt poor and they are getting dollar tree baskets and I can't afford the fake flowers or going all out, but I still enjoyed putting them together. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)