Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Reasons to never let a friend move in with you.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies

1) They will think that since you are friends then they can get away with damn near anything.

2) They will take advantage of you.

3) They will expect you to be their maid.

4) They will eat all of your food but get mad when you eat something of theirs.

5) The "it wasn't me ghost" makes an appearance any time something happens and no one wants to admit to doing it.

6) Even though you are the one helping them out by giving them a place to stay, they will tell all friends that it is them doing the helping.

7) They will talk badly about you when you ask for rent.

8) It will ruin your friendship no matter how close you were.

Add your own!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I agree with this most of the time.  I have had 4 friends live with me over the years and 3 did this the other 1 was very condsiderate, asked for anything she took, even though I told her she lived here as well.  Cleaned up after herself and even me some of the time.  We shared food she ever stopped and picked up and paid for dinner alot of the time.  She always said I let her stay there but I always said we were roommates.  I never had to ask for rent.  After two years she moved out with her then boyfriend (now hubby) and a few weeks later I met my hubby.  Still friends today, but yea I think I just got lucky. 

Pink.Sunshine
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:30 PM

heck no

s.osborne
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:31 PM
2 moms liked this
Um, that's not a friend
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IsmellP00h
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:31 PM
No friends no problem for me lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Only time I ever lived with friends was in college. And I can honestly say it was AWESOME lol. Never had any of those problems, just a REALLY good time!
overweightmommy
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Good communication isn't only important in romantic relationships.... You also should set ground rules.  There are ways to avoid those issues.

LowryCuisine
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:34 PM

They will steal your modem at all hours of the day

Expect you to take care of their kid when they need to sleep cause they work and you don't

Take your car and leave you with either no gas or it stranded on the side of the road

scream at your kids making noise

I did it once and will never ever do it again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:35 PM
This happened to me. We are no longer friends.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:40 PM
This is what happened to us. They didn't use our car though. They were always on our computer, didn't like kids making noise and expected me to homeschool my daughter while watching their kids. We ended up kicking them out. We hardly talk anymore.

Quoting LowryCuisine:

They will steal your modem at all hours of the day

Expect you to take care of their kid when they need to sleep cause they work and you don't

Take your car and leave you with either no gas or it stranded on the side of the road

scream at your kids making noise

I did it once and will never ever do it again.

bchic24
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

You have crap friends. lol I lived with my two best friends for a long time because I had nowhere else to go and was really struggling. I was so grateful I cooked and cleaned for them. I took care of the dogs while they were at work and we stayed very close friends. They still tell me I'm always welcome and even admit to missing having me around to keep the house clean. I also know, if I were to ever repay the favor they would be exactly the same.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN