Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:33 PM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: Should we invite the girl?

Options:

Yes

No

Other (how can there be an other?)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 18

View Results

You guys decide, I'll go with what you say. 

So, we have a very, very small local bank. There is 1 ATM in town and our local branch doesn't have an ATM. It just is that small of a bank. I have no idea why DH chose this bank, but he has been using it since he was a kid... It is where we have the kid's college funds as well as their personal bank accounts so we are part of their kids club.

Through their kids club, they have special events for the kids who have accounts around holidays. One of the events is an Easter egg hunt tomorrow. It was by invite only, not open to the public, etc.  DD told her friend, now her friend wants to go. I instantly said NO, I'm excited about this egg hunt because its private. I wish we had more paid egg hunt options as I'd prefer those as well for the lower stress. The "normal" free to all egg hunts in town are awful, violent, and cheater-filled. I thought it would be so nice for the girls to actually enjoy the egg hunt instead of getting injured by the excessive crowds.

So DD's friend's mom is all mad at me. I told her to go open a savings account if its important to her. (Opening deposit is $10 minimum, not a huge deal. And no, they aren't poor) I am not going to break the rules and invite outsiders because I certainly wouldn't want this to blow up into a 923482398472 kid thing. All of the free hunts in town are awful and you have 12 year olds going into the baby area and mowing the little ones down. I hate those egg hunts.

But I feel kinda guilty. But my gut still says "too bad, go open an account if you wanna come"

I think the biggest concern is that the bank has say, 100 kids in town in their kids club. If they plan for their 100 members and everyone is inviting extra kids, now they don't have enough of everything. It is a 3 hour event, there is arts and crafts and food and stuff.

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:35 PM
I wouldn't. Like you said, it's against the rules. Why risk it?
eviesmom453
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Really?! You need to grow up. Is for you? Or the kids?

illinoismommy83
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I need to grow up? I thought grown ups follow rules.

Quoting eviesmom453:

Really?! You need to grow up. Is for you? Or the kids?

illinoismommy83
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:06 PM

BUMP!

manamott
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I wouldn't invite her. I'd say sorry but it's the rules.

nurse1997
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I agree with you to bad if shes pissed her problem not yours !!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Too bad so sad. If the child wants to go to things like that then her parents can open an account there for her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:16 PM
If its such a small town - why are the public egg hunts so out of control?

That being said - my oldest is 16 and I've never taken them to public egg hunts. We hunt our own eggs on Easter morning.
k8smimi
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:18 PM

You are not the host therefore, it's not your place to invite additional guests.  Set an example by following the rules to your children.  No means no.

illinoismommy83
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I guess I wasn't clear, sorry. The bank chain is small. It isn't a big name bank. Most people in town bank at the big name banks like Chase. I live in a big town.

Quoting Anonymous:

If its such a small town - why are the public egg hunts so out of control?

That being said - my oldest is 16 and I've never taken them to public egg hunts. We hunt our own eggs on Easter morning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)