Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Things your mom did that you disagree with

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My mom and I were talking today and the subject of bathing came up. She told me that from the time I was born until I was 3 or 4 she bathed me twice a day everyday. I was shocked because I had HORRIBLE excema as a baby and throughout childhood and, well, now I know why.

What are some things that your mom did to you that you would never do?

I'll add:

-She put me to sleep on my stomach as an infant and more than once I stopped breathing.

-She put me in beauty pageants.

-She wouldn't let me play outdoors.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Replies (31-40):
indymom72
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

she was cool with doling out black eyes, sleeping with our boyfriends, raging alcoholic, told me I was pretty except for having "pig eyes and piano legs"...she was a mess.  She had us young and resented it.

Nolanzo
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Geesuz, do you have an hour?

Everything!!!!

She is THE exact opposite of how I would want a child raised.

The single biggest thing that tops the laundry list of atrocities is that she stood by while my father beat me and did many other things a father shouldn't do and did absolutely nothing.

And she's still with the bastard to this day.

I haven't spoken to either of them in 6 years, and couldn't be happier about it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:09 PM
2 moms liked this

I wasn't allowed to wear pants, do my makeup or use anything on my hair until I was 17. the worse part of that was my hair. Its naturally curly and very unruly. No blow dryer, curling irons, or product.

Not for everyone

Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:10 PM
My dad beat my mom into a seizure because she was able to lay brick on the outside of the house when he couldn't...let's just say my dad had a bad temper and there are more stories.

Quoting Anonymous:

Damn! Why do people always blame their moms. No one ever talks about what the father does wrong. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Honestly I wish they would have taken a way more active role in my life but at the same time I don't blame them. They both ended up disabled after some accidents at work. They would ground me and about two days later they would have forgotten about it. Hell it got to the point I had to have people witnessing them giving concent just so I did not get in trouble for them forgetting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:10 PM
She left when I was 10... I didn't see her again until I was 17, and I only saw her then because I searched for her until I found her.
barrier
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Slot of things I will never understand why mother or father ever did or do or did not do. I have chosen not to be like them. I don't hit my children with stuff. My husband and I do not belittle eachother not do we curse at each other. like both my parents did while a grew up.
Blue_Spiral
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Let me start by saying my mom was a really super fun mom who, while she made mistakes, gets a huge A for effort.

One of the biggest things was how anal she was about how I dressed for church.

I wasn't allowed to wear normal jackets because they were too casual, so once as a teenager I put on this gray fleece sweater and she threw a fit about it and it ended up being this monumental fight because WHAT THE HELL WAS I SUPPOSED TO WHERE TO STAY WARM??? lol

My mom and I are very opposite personalities, so it was too bad how long it took for her to understand me. It caused me a couple mini-traumatic experiences along the way, since I was so shy, etc.

I wish my mom had been a little more understanding of my need to crawl into bed with them as a little kid.

To this day, if she doesn't like something she'll let you do it - hell, she'll even OFFER IT TO YOU - and then sigh and "hmmph" and grumble the whole time about it.

lol.

Another thing that seriously pissed me off as a teen was how I'd be trying to eat healthy and she'd offer me a bunch of junk food. Then if she saw me eating something like a piece of whole wheat toast she'd be like, "I thought you were dieting..." lol grrr...

I guess that's all typical mother-daughter stuff..........

Oh, except one time when I was about 6 she took an hour out of her day to convince me that I was adopted. I knew I wasn't, but when I finally started to doubt and began to cry, she told me she was just messing with me.

I think that bordered on abuse lol

My mom instilled in me the desire to nurse my babies and to avoid giving children sugar. 

Those are two things I do where I think she definitely planted a seed.

Her mistake was that when I went on a nursing strike at 9 months, she only gave me goat milk until 12 months. Not healthy.

Also, my family are extemely religious so when I almost died at 10 days old, they stopped at a gas station to pray for me before going to the hospital. I'm just lucky I made it. 

I am Kaela, a proud 24 year old atheist, pro-choice, single Mama to full-term breastfed, co-sleeping, freebirthed, intact, lucky little Wolfgang!

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:12 PM
5 moms liked this
Because only people who were formula fed are fat with asthma and food allergies.

You could have just been meant to have those issues, I think blaming your mother is extreme lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a poster child for problems caused by formula feeding from weight problems to food allergies to asthma. Of course I'm mad at her for not nursing me.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have never met anyone that as an adult was upset about how they were fed as an infant lmao I hope those "thousand more things" are better reasons than not breastfeeding, for you to cut her out of your life.

Quoting Anonymous:

She didn't breastfeed me because she didn't feel like it & I had horrible allergies to milk. She fed me cow's milk formula eventhough it made me so sick that I would throw it all up & have terrible diarrhea. I was underweight & failure to thrive because of it. Finally someone in the family suggested soy formula & she tried it & I got better & started gaining weight. I really wish she just would have breastfed me instead of having selfish reasons not to. Now that I'm an adult I now see what a selfish person she is. Because of a thousand more things I'm starting the process of cutting her out of my life completly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:12 PM
I don't have any terrible stories about my mom. My dad however...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN