Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you own a Beta fish what kind of Filter and Heater do you use?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

I been looking every where but most of the filters and heaters are too expensive, no reviews or bad reviews. i cant find one thats good. the heater i have looks like a round black pad that goes in the tank and plus into wall socket. And the stupid filter the tank came with is a POS. It had these stupid suction cups that would never suction to the tank and the battery that went under the black filter would keep coming off which meant the filter would stop powering because the dumb black heavy battery would just fall off. I need to find a picture of it.

I been to petco and petsmart. none have anything i like.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Oh its by Tetra company.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:23 PM

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753028&f=PAD%2FpsNotAvailInUS%2FNo

Looks like this. the batter is black square and hooks to the bottom of the black filter. it kept coming off on its own

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I just have a simple 1 gallon bowl with a LED light.

sarahfire
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:24 PM
We don't use heaters for our bettas and they do fine.

Not sure about filters. My dh bought these round tanks with led lights and bubbles in the middle. I'm not sure they have filters? The fish do fine though.

Except those 2 that died.....lol we have 2 left though (in seperate tanks)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stickyfingers
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:25 PM
We have ours in a fish bowl. No filter and no heater
doomshroom
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:26 PM
All betta's really need is clean water in a bowl. I've had several betta's and never bought any of that. They're like goldfish that way. You can buy drops to keep the water clean longer but it's really not necessary.
jillbailey26
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:26 PM

This is the set up we have for both of ours.  Just a regular fish bowl, some glass bead things and a plant....

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:27 PM

We had ours with out a filter and its not okay. the water gets dirty and murky in less than a week. we do have the liquid to keep the water clean but it isnt enough.

tifbrown
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:27 PM

I use neither, and the damn things are still alive a year later.

curlycupcake
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Mine really hated the filter. The suction on it was too strong & he couldn't swim around. We never had a heater. He's been with us just over a year & is doing great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)