Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"I cheated on my husband..."

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:25 PM
  • 11 Replies

Just saw a post about a lady cheating on her DH because he did not take care of himself and didn't shower. I know there is no good reason to cheat and I would never, but I wonder just because you love someone you have to love that they have poor hygiene???? Some of the ladies that answered seemed like that's what they were saying.

OR

If a woman lets herself go and her DH cheats, is it still only his fault even though he tried to tell her??? I mean I like when my DH is clean and smells good and I am pretty sure he does too, wouldn't it be a turn off to have intimacy with a man/woman that smells like she has not had a shower in days????

Thoughts?

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lvictorio4
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:33 PM

BUMP!

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I don't know, if I got all fat and smelly I'd be just as upset at getting cheated on.

Lvictorio4
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Ok lol... I know that, but say your DH has told you that he would like it better if you showered or whatever but you felt like he should love you anyway because you guys are married and he should not try to change you. At the end he cheats is it only his fault or are both of you to blame because you didn't listen to him either???

Quoting Zazayam:

I don't know, if I got all fat and smelly I'd be just as upset at getting cheated on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:52 PM

IF it was me I would try to get him the help he needs to get out of his depression.  Not go out and say well you are smelly and fat and this is other guy is not so, really its your fault......  And to answer your question its the cheaters fault no matter if it was him or her.  They vowed to be with each other thru goodtimes and bad not just when the other is fit.  You misunderstood my Quote, I was speaking about the fact she did not want to have sex with him because of his belly not so much about his smell.

Quoting Lvictorio4:

Ok lol... I know that, but say your DH has told you that he would like it better if you showered or whatever but you felt like he should love you anyway because you guys are married and he should not try to change you. At the end he cheats is it only his fault or are both of you to blame because you didn't listen to him either???

Quoting Zazayam:

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Gonna say both at fault.

I had a stinky ass ex that was nice and clean and handsome when we got together. Then he gained about 200lbs and stopped showering, we stopped doing anything intimate and I kept telling him if he wanted it he'd have to at least wash the stink off. Never cheated on him, but never slept with him like that either lol

Quoting Lvictorio4:

Quoting Zazayam:

damionsmama7195
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:55 PM

If my DF became severly obese, or had extremely poor hygeine i wouldn't cheat. I would just not be with him anymore. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:57 PM

even at my worst, I would never expect my husband to be intimate with me in that condition.  I always shower before we get busy, no matter how blah I feel beforehand.

but I also wouldn't expect him to use that as an excuse to cheat.  because there's never a reason, only an excuse.

Lvictorio4
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:03 PM

I get that cheating should not be the way to go, I think she should have left him instead of cheating on him. But if they are still both trying to work things out, he should put an effort too.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I think if your partner has tried to tell you and tried to help you and ignore this then you kind of did that to your self. Do I agree with cheating no but I would never expect my husband to want to be with me if I let my self go terribly.

robyann
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Even though we may understand why someone would cheat in those circumstances. It is still wrong. Cheating is wrong no matter what. No excuse can justify cheating. 

If your dh wasn't like this when you married, then there would have to be some reason for him being this way now. Is he depressed? Why would a normally clean person suddenly become so careless with their hygeine?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)