Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

we are trying to concieve...ask me anything

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Live in income based housing (canada)... get the child tax. Universal child care ben. That everyone with children gets.. (its based on income. And how many kids.... )

Ask me anything.... (I am mobile so it will take me a while)
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:20 PM
2 moms liked this

I get that you're Canadian and things work differently there but why would you TTC if you can't afford to provide for yourselves without assistance?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:28 PM
The only assistance we get is our rent is cheaper. This place is very well managed. . Compared to even the 1000 $ /m apt we lived before. We are living with in are means. Why would we pay 900-1000 $ for a slum.....

Quoting Anonymous:

I get that you're Canadian and things work differently there but why would you TTC if you can't afford to provide for yourselves without assistance?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:32 PM
How is the health c care up there? Do you have to wait a million years to have a procedure or have a home birth? I'm anonymous because I know I sound ignorant, because I don't know anything but what I've heard
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:36 PM
It takes a month or two for us. Im pretty sure you can have a home birth if you have a midwife. (Which are covered)

Quoting Anonymous:

How is the health c care up there? Do you have to wait a million years to have a procedure or have a home birth? I'm anonymous because I know I sound ignorant, because I don't know anything but what I've heard
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Ok how long will maternity leave be and is it paid is that power company or like government mandated?

Quoting Anonymous:

It takes a month or two for us. Im pretty sure you can have a home birth if you have a midwife. (Which are covered)

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Materinty leave is a yr paid ... you need to have worked 600hr in one yr from the day your child due/born back a yr....you cant be self employeed. Its 55% of yoyr earnable monthly income. And its oaid out ad ei from the gov.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok how long will maternity leave be and is it paid is that power company or like government mandated?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:47 AM
I wanna move to Canada man.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:49 AM

what did you/are you doing to prepare your body? any vitamins or anything?

just curious..we are thinking about trying again after my miscarriage, wondering what other women do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:52 AM

We are ttc but we can afforded it on our own. How sad to bring a child into the world when you really can't afford  one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)