Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

we are trying to concieve...ask me anything

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Live in income based housing (canada)... get the child tax. Universal child care ben. That everyone with children gets.. (its based on income. And how many kids.... )

Ask me anything.... (I am mobile so it will take me a while)
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:20 PM
2 moms liked this

I get that you're Canadian and things work differently there but why would you TTC if you can't afford to provide for yourselves without assistance?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:28 PM
The only assistance we get is our rent is cheaper. This place is very well managed. . Compared to even the 1000 $ /m apt we lived before. We are living with in are means. Why would we pay 900-1000 $ for a slum.....

Quoting Anonymous:

I get that you're Canadian and things work differently there but why would you TTC if you can't afford to provide for yourselves without assistance?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:32 PM
How is the health c care up there? Do you have to wait a million years to have a procedure or have a home birth? I'm anonymous because I know I sound ignorant, because I don't know anything but what I've heard
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:36 PM
It takes a month or two for us. Im pretty sure you can have a home birth if you have a midwife. (Which are covered)

Quoting Anonymous:

How is the health c care up there? Do you have to wait a million years to have a procedure or have a home birth? I'm anonymous because I know I sound ignorant, because I don't know anything but what I've heard
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Ok how long will maternity leave be and is it paid is that power company or like government mandated?

Quoting Anonymous:

It takes a month or two for us. Im pretty sure you can have a home birth if you have a midwife. (Which are covered)

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Materinty leave is a yr paid ... you need to have worked 600hr in one yr from the day your child due/born back a yr....you cant be self employeed. Its 55% of yoyr earnable monthly income. And its oaid out ad ei from the gov.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok how long will maternity leave be and is it paid is that power company or like government mandated?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:47 AM
I wanna move to Canada man.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:49 AM

what did you/are you doing to prepare your body? any vitamins or anything?

just curious..we are thinking about trying again after my miscarriage, wondering what other women do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:52 AM

We are ttc but we can afforded it on our own. How sad to bring a child into the world when you really can't afford  one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)