Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My job

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I'm a 31 Gifts consultant. Does this classify me as a WAHM mom or SAHM since I rarely work?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:18 PM

According to a post earlier. Neither. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:18 PM
4 moms liked this
I think it classifies you as an annoying sales mom, that is probably always trying to get people to host parties...
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:19 PM
What's that
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I would say SAHM. I'm a WAHM meaning I work 40 plus paid hours from my spare bedroom :)  If you were working more hours on it than "rarely" then I would say WAHM (I have a friend who consults with them that regularly does 30 plus hours a week so I would call her a WAHM...for me, obviously I judge by hours!)

nancym3
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:20 PM
I don't really consider direct sales a job.
BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I would say self employed SAHM?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:22 PM
2 moms liked this

I HATE these moms.  Always wanting you to do their work for them by hosting parties.  Let them have a weekly party in their own house and invite the people who want to buy their crap.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it classifies you as an annoying sales mom, that is probably always trying to get people to host parties...

cara124
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:23 PM
What's a 31 gift consultant?
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Quoting cara124:

What's a 31 gift consultant?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:27 PM
I know. My problem is it is never just one party, because someone out of your friends is bound to book a party, and then the cycle continues. I try to avoid going to home parties, because it is a never ending cycle of bullshit and I end up with a ton of crap I felt obligated to buy lol

I also hate when it is a random mom asking me to host a party. Like I will meet someone at the park, and they will be like OMG, I sell blah blah blah, you should have a party, and I politely decline, and then everytime I see them again, they ask again. Ughh...

Quoting Anonymous:I HATE these moms.  Always wanting you to do their work for them by hosting parties.  Let them have a weekly party in their own house and invite the people who want to buy their crap.Quoting Anonymous:I think it classifies you as an annoying sales mom, that is probably always trying to get people to host parties...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)