Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have no idea where she got THAT idea

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I am a FTWM, I think it is important that, even if you plan to be a SAHM, that you have a way to support yourself.   I was asking my DD (6) what she wanted to be when she grows up.  she said "a vet or I will just let my husband take care of me"....lol

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I agree. I got my masters before I started my family so I would have a career prospect for someday.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I mean it was kind of cute cause she is 6 but I have been teaching her that it is good to be independent and not have to rely on anyone

Quoting wkukid:

I agree. I got my masters before I started my family so I would have a career prospect for someday.

IFartGlitter
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I like it when my husband supports me. Lol

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:25 PM

She will probably be a million things before she grows up. It's so cute.

Quoting Anonymous:

I mean it was kind of cute cause she is 6 but I have been teaching her that it is good to be independent and not have to rely on anyone

Quoting wkukid:

Crashly
by Ashley on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Yeah my dd has been saying since she was 2, that she's going to be a princess forever, marry a doctor, and live in a castle. She's almost 5 and still saying it, lol,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Nobody.
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:26 PM
I'm a SAHM and my 7 year old says that she's gonna work and her husband will stay home and take care of the kids.

I was like "okay more power to ya" lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Quoting .Nobody.:

I'm a SAHM and my 7 year old says that she's gonna work and her husband will stay home and take care of the kids.

My teen says she's going to hire her pre teen sis as a nanny so she can work. the teen wants kids and the pre teen says she'd rather be a favored aunt. that way she can go home

.Nobody.
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Lol perfect!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting .Nobody.:

My teen says she's going to hire her pre teen sis as a nanny so she can work. the teen wants kids and the pre teen says she'd rather be a favored aunt. that way she can go home

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nurse1997
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Thats funny  i do agree with you a back up plan is always needed i tell my girls the same thing this way you dont need to put up with no bullshit if its headed your  way ;]  Im new to being a housewife   due to a move out of state for my husbands job and im not sure if i will go back to work any time soon but i always have a back up plan in todays world you just never know whats around the corner !!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)