Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have to vent and get this off my chest. My husband is being a complete monster to me.

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:58 PM
  • 121 Replies
I just struggle to not let it bring me down. It's an everyday struggle. He hurts me with his words daily. Sometimes I cry. More often than not, i cry each day bc his words are so mean. They hurt me. They sting me. They break my heart.

I tell him his words don't hurt me and I'm smart enough and confident enough to not let them hurt me. But they do. As I say that I wish I could let the tears run down my face but I stay strong.

I have the best days. They're peaceful and happy and full with my 18 mo old son and I'm now pregnant with our 2nd.

I'm 6 months along and I know obviously I've gotten bigger but my husband keeps finding ways to call me fat. Like fatso or fatass and ugly.

He feels awful about himself because of his own struggles with his weight and he is having a hard time in his work and with keeping up with making money. So it seems he's taking all his anger and frustration out on me.

Sometimes it's in front of our son but most of the time it is when he doesn't hear or know. I tell my husband to not treat me bad in front of him because it will upset him, hurt him, is bad for him psychologically etc. so he does it most after he's asleep or when he's playing not next to where I am.

It mostly in bed when he lets it all out and is really horrible. I can't even say anything back to him. And I have no where to go. We have no other bed in our house. I just want to lay in bed and sleep because I'm exhausted but I have to hear him go on and on until he falls asleep.

That's all. I just try to not let it effect me. But it's hard to always just brush it off as if it didnt Happen.

I am dreading it being the weekend. He will do this to me anytime he can.

It's a dirty secret I keep and everyone in our life thinks my husband is handsome, charming even and they think he's such a great guy.

Thing is. As sooon as He comes home or after everyone leaves our house, he treats me so awful. I wish everyone irl knew.

At the same time when I complain about this, I'm very happy in other ways. How he takes care of us as a family so I can be a SAHM, he is actually a really great father to our son and our son adores him.

Just have to get it off my chest
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Hugs. I am so sorry. 

12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:03 PM
12 moms liked this

don't just lay there and take it.. react! make your reaction unpleasant enough to deter him! get a fog horn and blast it in his face every time he says something rude lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm curious as to why you're having a second children with mr wonderful.
2BRBgirlz
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:04 PM

I'm so sorry you live like this.  You don't deserve it.

Mainstream Moms
Come join us!!  No crunchiness!big smile mini

opal10161973
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:05 PM
10 moms liked this

Audio tape him and save a copy somewhere else.  Then play a copy for him and let him know you will be glad to let the whole damn world know how he REALLY talks to you and what he is REALLY like.  That is usually enough to make these types stop their crap pretty fast.

It's your silence that allows it to continue. 

Hyman
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:05 PM
LOL I should

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

don't just lay there and take it.. react! make your reaction unpleasant enough to deter him! get a fog horn and blast it in his face every time he says something rude lol

got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:06 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm so sorry u are going thru that, I empathize, I really do. Now on the very opposite hand, you need to stand yourself up, straighten out your backbone and put that man in his place. He has no right to be that way and you deserve better, ask him if y'all had a daughter and someone treated her that way how would he feel, and then tell him that you are no different. If he found out his son was treating a woman that way how would he feel, ashamed, angry, disappointed. He treats you that way and you are letting him, I know it's not easy to stand up, I been there, my husband did the same thing for a longtime, and when I got tired of it, I snatched a knot in his attitude, and got that shit stopped, and you can too, you got a pair of knees, get off em and stand up for yourself. He'll respect you more if you do. And do not back down, stick to he guns and demand some respect. Good luck hon, hope you don't have to put up with it forever. Hugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Go back to work....reduce some of his stress... And don't have any more children with him, he can't handle it...
Hugs
Hyman
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I love being a mother and he's a great father. It's him treating me awful that's the problem but really this pregnancy was a complete surprise.

I had a hard time even getting pregnant with my son and I was breastfeeding still so everything I read said it would be natural birth control. Lol. WRONG!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm curious as to why you're having a second children with mr wonderful.

luckylinda2013
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this

This may sound far fetched, but if it were me, i would find someway to audio or video record all of this for future reference, in case he gets worse, or ever wants a divorce and custody.  My heart goes out to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)