Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why DONT you have sex?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 248 Replies

my husband and i were just discussing this the other night. we were joking around about whether or not we were each others "best" and things like that.

We got on to the topic of couples who dont have a lot of sex. you hear of people going months without sex and i think that most couples only have sex once a week or so? (isnt that right? i think so. i am not totally sure though). 

so here is my question...why? i seriously dont understand it. sex is so wonderful, it is fun, it feels good. i understand that sometimes there are situations where you just CANT have sex. people have to work, there are kids around, etc. But at night, when you are in your own bedroom, kids are asleep, you have a lock on the door...soooo....why not?

i know that every just gets too physically tired to do it sometimes, but if it comes down to watching tv or sex? i am most definitely picking sex. i dont know if it is something wrong with ME. maybe i am hyper sensitive during sex and it feels better than it should or something? 

all i know, is that my husband and i have been together for over 8 years and are still having sex on a regular basis. usually at least 4 days a week at the very least. if we are too tired for sex, then usually i will give him a handjob and masturbate afterward. it has become such habit that now either of us have a hard time falling asleep if we dont!

If the kids are gone for awhile? look out. we will usually go 2 or 3 times before we fall asleep and then once again in the morning before we have to go pick up the kids. 

okay. enough about me though.i know that my husband and i are not a "normal" couple. but i am seriously confused as to why people start having sex so rarely after they have been together for awhile? does the sex just not feel that good or does it hurt after? no orgasms? help me understand. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RhiannonMare
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:33 PM
10 moms liked this

Because I'm chronically ill and sometimes I can't have sex. That doesn't mean that we aren't initmate, because sex isn't always intercourse. I learned a long time ago not to base our marriage on what "everyone else" does. We do what works for us.

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:33 PM
2 moms liked this
I always make time
Even if im tired, because i know its going to knock me out and i will get great sleep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Well, my husband and I don't have sex as much as we used to, but honestly, it's ok. He gets stressed out and tired from work. Sometimes, sex is just too much work. Honestly, I am just as happy cuddling while falling asleep as I am having sex. Don't get me wrong, I love sex, and we do try to do it as often as possible, but there are times when neither of us feel like it, the kids won't sleep, etc. and if we don't do it much for a while, that's ok. Sex is important, but it isn't everything. 

Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:35 PM
2 moms liked this

We have sex 2-3 times a week...I am perfectly happy with that...we've been together for 8 yrs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:35 PM
7 moms liked this
Because I absolutely hate it, and I stopped forcing myself a long time ago. It's not great for everyone. There are many people who don't enjoy it.
CeciliaMarie-
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:35 PM
I've lost my libido since I became pregnant and we're a bit tight on money so he's worried and thinking about other things. Things have been picking up though:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Because sometimes I'm just too tired.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:37 PM
2 moms liked this

He loves 40 miles away...trust me if we were in the same house it would be a few times a day.

ajdahd13
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Some people just get wore down from day to day, and it isn't worth losing that 30 extra minutes of sleep. 

IFartGlitter
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Eh. Quite frequently he doesn't want to. We've had sex like 5 times in the past 3 years. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)