Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why DONT you have sex?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my husband and i were just discussing this the other night. we were joking around about whether or not we were each others "best" and things like that.

We got on to the topic of couples who dont have a lot of sex. you hear of people going months without sex and i think that most couples only have sex once a week or so? (isnt that right? i think so. i am not totally sure though). 

so here is my question...why? i seriously dont understand it. sex is so wonderful, it is fun, it feels good. i understand that sometimes there are situations where you just CANT have sex. people have to work, there are kids around, etc. But at night, when you are in your own bedroom, kids are asleep, you have a lock on the door...soooo....why not?

i know that every just gets too physically tired to do it sometimes, but if it comes down to watching tv or sex? i am most definitely picking sex. i dont know if it is something wrong with ME. maybe i am hyper sensitive during sex and it feels better than it should or something? 

all i know, is that my husband and i have been together for over 8 years and are still having sex on a regular basis. usually at least 4 days a week at the very least. if we are too tired for sex, then usually i will give him a handjob and masturbate afterward. it has become such habit that now either of us have a hard time falling asleep if we dont!

If the kids are gone for awhile? look out. we will usually go 2 or 3 times before we fall asleep and then once again in the morning before we have to go pick up the kids. 

okay. enough about me though.i know that my husband and i are not a "normal" couple. but i am seriously confused as to why people start having sex so rarely after they have been together for awhile? does the sex just not feel that good or does it hurt after? no orgasms? help me understand. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Replies (211-220):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 60 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:10 AM
I'm a repressed lesbian.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 42 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:15 AM
I have never desired sex ever. I think biologically I was born this way. I only had sex to appease society. Now I just embrace who I am. There's a documentary on Netflix called (A)sexual that really opened my eyes.

Quoting tabid74:

Can I ask how you know you're asexual? Not trying to be mean and if it comes off so, ignore me.

Thanks if you do answer and it must be a huge weight off you!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm living with my STBX and were going through divorce. I'm also asexual and have zero libido or desire for sex. I've always hated sex. Don't feel sorry for me. Every time I post this I get "so sad", or "aw that sucks". You wouldn't tell someone born without an arm that life sucks not having one. This is how I've always been and I'm extremely thrilled that I never have to have sex again.
Nicole1357
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Almost everyday- been together 8 yrs 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 61 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Because it's not all that fun and doesn't feel as good as you make it out to be to me. I have orgasms every time we do and I still hate sex. It has a lot to do with my past.
TxnMomma
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this
My DH did this when we first had our dd. I got fed up one day and ripped the Xbox off the stand and threw it off our second story balcony. He doesn't play video games anymore lol

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

We don't because a lot of the time he stays up all night playing his video games and then sleeps all day leaving me to care for my nine month old pretty much on my own. By the time he gets up I am so exhausted I am about ready to pass out.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elliotmommytobe
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:23 AM
The only days we dont have sex are when im on my period or way to exhausted
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Usually.... its because we're both exhausted.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 62 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:27 AM

I never thought I would be in a sexless relationship like I am now. I have a high sex drive and assumed every guy did as well. DH just isn't interested, he doesn't even fap. We are totally open with each other so if he wanted me to do anything different he would tell me. I just don't know what to do about it anymore, I've given up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 63 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Me and my SO don't live together, so it's usually every day that I see him. Sometimes one a week, other times, 3-4 days a week. If we lived together,it'd be on !
Anonymous
by Anonymous 64 on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:28 AM

i would love to have sex....practically every day...

my husband doesn't want it......  for a variety of reasons.. some of which are my fault.. some of which are due to a chronic illness i have... or rather chronic illnesses..... i have both physical and mental disorders.... 

my hygiene is not always the best.. i am so fat i have trouble shaving my legs.... those things are not attractive to him.. he is a large man too and i still want him..but...he doesn't want to have anything to do with sex right now.. part of it is also low testosterone on his part and depression on his part... part of the depression is low testosterone and weight..in my opinion... he is in sort of a vicious circle.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)