Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't care

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
It's not a big deal but we went to see Disney on ice tonight with my girls. It was a great show. We got cheap tickets and I refused to but my kids anything but it was also girls Scout night. When my niece went to get her badge I lied and said my girls were scouts too. I got wo cute badges for free even though my girls are not scouts they used to be but haven't been for 3 yrs. They prefer sports and I don't like putting them in everything. So that's my silly confession. Have a great night!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Uhm......  whatever floats your boat.  I rather not lie over petty things such as that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:11 PM
O who's it gonna hurt?

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Uhm......  whatever floats your boat.  I rather not lie over petty things such as that.

12345abcde54321
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:12 PM

but the girls knew you lied.. bad example to set. we need to be good role models!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:41 PM
No I don't think they did because the lady didn't ask if we were scouts just how many I needed. I payed for their tickets just like every scout parent and all the girls in our group got one. I wanted them to have something from tonight other then pictures. We made memory plates today for a pic and our tickets theses will go on the plates too. I just wasn't going to spend $20 per kid on junkie toys.

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

but the girls knew you lied.. bad example to set. we need to be good role models!

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Why not just put them in scouts if you are going to do the activities?

banana-bear
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:44 PM
But what will they do with the badges? Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:15 AM
2 moms liked this
Like I said I'm going to doll up these memory plates with them tomorrow. Ill take pics afterwards of the plates if ud like.

Quoting banana-bear:

But what will they do with the badges? Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Cuz they like their sports and they don't need to do both. Scouts aren't like when I was a kid we earned badges we learned crochet or hike a trail and find animals. Never once did kids get badges for attending a family event. This is the only girl scouts event we have attended. I'm not sure if it will be our last or not but this wasn't just a scouts only event but the scouts were the only ones the were suppose to get badges.

Quoting OneToughMami:

Why not just put them in scouts if you are going to do the activities?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)