Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How Grocers bag my stuff!!! ugh!!

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:43 PM
  • 244 Replies
2 moms liked this

My non Anon confession for the day...

I HATE when the baggers at the store put my raw meat in the SAME bag as fresh foods. I purposefully put things on the belt for the cashier to scan in an order so they get bagged in that order. Today's trip was no different...Well except DH and SD (5) kept putting them out of order and I had to keep taking them off the belt. I put all the cold produce like foods first, then the pantry stuff, then raw foods to be cooked last (stew meat, ground meat, chicken).

I get home and what do I find? My chuck roast (which leaks blood) in the SAME bag as the lucheon meat and bagged lettuce!! TF? ::sigh:: Theyre even trained to not do that. 

Okay, I'm done ranting. Today has been rough for other reasons (which I might go post in stepmom central), this just tipped me over. Done, Thanks. 

PS. I had no idea how many others loaded the belt in their own order for bagging! Makes me feel not so cray ;-)

Also, Where I live there is no "Self-bagging" unless you do self-check out, and those usually have a 15-20 item limit. 

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I love supermarkets with bag your own lanes. Then I can pack appropriately to my heart's content. I was a bag packer from the age of 12-15, and then I was a cashier for about 4 yrs for NYC supermarkets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArisMom208
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a bagger put laundry soap in the same bag as the fruits and veggies. It was even worse because it was a thing of grapes and bananas which werent even bagged. 

I ripped the baggers ass, made him go back and get me new food and told the manager.

You don't mix chemicals with food.

Or raw meat. I watch the bagger and if they mess up, there gonna get it. 

banana-bear
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM
I've never had that issue, but sorry for you! My baggers are usually pretty good about bagging.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mcclainprincess
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:48 PM
5 moms liked this
Wow. You ripped the baggers ass because they made a mistake? Lighten up lady...

Quoting ArisMom208:

I had a bagger put laundry soap in the same bag as the fruits and veggies. It was even worse because it was a thing of grapes and bananas which werent even bagged. 

I ripped the baggers ass, made him go back and get me new food and told the manager.

Mommy2AlexAraya
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:48 PM

This is why I bag my own things. Even if there is a bagger there, I tell them I would like to do it.

tifbrown
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Right on! I totally agree. That shit pisses me off. When I put stuff on the belt I arrange it how I want it packed up. Most baggers are too stupid to figure it out themselves.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I hated that. I was a cashier at a supermarket and I made sure everything was put away right. Meat in its own bag, fruits and veggies in one, chemical items in a bag. I made sure I did it right like I was taught. Lol
ArisMom208
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

No, i ripped his ass after i asked him to get me new items and he walked a ways down the aisle, turned around and came back with the same items. He even admitted to it. 

Thats not a mistake.

Quoting mcclainprincess:

Quoting ArisMom208:

mcclainprincess
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:56 PM
You left that part out.. Obviously.

Quoting ArisMom208:

No, i ripped his ass after i asked him to get me new items and he walked a ways down the aisle, turned around and came back with the same items. He even admitted to it. 

Thats not a mistake.

Quoting mcclainprincess:

Quoting ArisMom208:

FoodIsLife
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:57 PM

They usually are. I've just had it happen at other stores before and I try to make their job faster by grouping it appropriately... which irritated me more because he disregarded my order :-(

Quoting banana-bear:

I've never had that issue, but sorry for you! My baggers are usually pretty good about bagging.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN