Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm confused about the bible.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm watching a show about the Bible and the Rapture. They were talking about how when Jesus returns (the Second Coming) he will judge the living and the dead.

That confuses me. Why would he judge the dead? Aren't they supposed to have already been judged and in Heaven or Hell? Or where are they?

What's the point of judging them again?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:08 PM
2 moms liked this
I was raised that dead people aren't judged yet and are NOT in heaven.
Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:08 PM

I believe god isn't real and imho that explains all of these types of questions.

Queen_Bree
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Christian people believe that people go straight to heaven but the Bible actually says

I thessalonians 4:13

But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope.  For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:09 PM
To get rewarded for the things they did to serve God. AKA get the crowns and treasures they throw at Jesus' feet

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do some people (who are supposedly already in Heaven) get judged again? What's the point of that?

Quoting macysmom:

Everyone gets judged on judgement day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Sometimes fiction doesn't make sense.
Anonymous
1 mom liked this

um, everything. Who is to say we haven't already been judged? We see things so black and white as humans because that is all we can comprehend. If time doesn't exist in Heaven, who is to say Judgment Day hasn't already happened?

Quoting Anonymous:

What does that have to do with my question?

Quoting Anonymous:

Who is the say time works the same in our afterlife as it does here on earth? Can you honestly wrap your brain around how big the universe is? Eternity? No. There are things that our human brains can't comprehend.

Anonymous
1 mom liked this
You're an idiot.

Quoting Anonymous:

your problem is trying to make sense of the bible.  Just consider it a book of fantasy and it will all make sense. 

Anonymous
Lmao! ROFL!

Quoting Anonymous:

To get rewarded for the things they did to serve God. AKA get the crowns and treasures they throw at Jesus' feet

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do some people (who are supposedly already in Heaven) get judged again? What's the point of that?

Quoting macysmom:

Everyone gets judged on judgement day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:10 PM

H2. The History Channel.

Quoting mamaofficer:

What channel

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this

No One Is Judged until the Second coming. Until then they are held in a waiting area type of place. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured